[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Attendance, Recording, AC recording, & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team Track 4 ­ IDNs/Technical & Operations call on Thursday, 20 July 2017 15:00 UTC

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Thu Jul 20 16:45:37 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email. The Adobe Connect recording and AC Chat are below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 20 July 2017 at 15:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p2k5uqzdwce/<https://participate.icann.org/p2k5uqzdwce/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=b560bc8bdbc53ab354fcb9a3e62cf7c94ff489404776d85c72fdf4fc779b54a0>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/onHwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 20 July 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations on Thursday, 20 July 2017 at 15:00 UTC

  Rubens Kuhl:I'm seeing myself in double. Weird.

  Julie Bisland:Rubens, that's the line trying to call your telephone, it'll go away shortly

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Hi Cheryl  it's Anne on the other phone number

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks Anne

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):QUESTION What is the recommendation in SSAC 60 endorsed by Afilias?  (BTW Rubens is muffled and breaking up.  Should I dial in again?)

  Julie Bisland:Anne: he's muffled sounding, but I'm not hearing him break up.

  Emily Barabas:Full text of Aflias comment: "Afilias supports the recommendations of SAC060 “SSAC Comment on Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant TLDs Report”.Afilias supports the application of the design principles described in SAC084 “SSAC Comments on Guidelines for the Extended Process Similarity Review Panel for the IDN ccTLD Fast Track process” in the consideration of all IDNs."

  Emily Barabas:the slides are now unsynced

  Emily Barabas:Note that the full text of all CC2 comments for WT4 are available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1rH2Moiy-5FmNKh74-2DihM74dXWJtcLGZjmbwFnQdVdGjEo_edit-23gid-3D1832032264&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=IxmR9HDXwOBqAshDBkbDVPuZAT7jidflPNVrgi_Mt7E&s=oU2R79oudLFw9PUi1cLCMem1RIiFZFRCLwlYA-oh1tk&e=

  Rubens Kuhl:AFAIK a contractor called Interisle

  Rubens Kuhl:But it's not the same review as Interisle first name collision document

  Rubens Kuhl:Verifying it doesn't violate technical standards.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):to the extent possible it is automated

  Jeff Neuman:the system that accepts applications for new gtlds

  Rubens Kuhl:Do we need to include a glossary perhaps ? Was one included in the previous GNSO recommendations ?

  Rubens Kuhl:Sure

  Rubens Kuhl:This language is exactly what was seen in ICANN 59.

  Rubens Kuhl:So this specific language is not new.

  Steve Chan:Anne, all, the slides are available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_pwffAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=IxmR9HDXwOBqAshDBkbDVPuZAT7jidflPNVrgi_Mt7E&s=95r3ZKtlTW9Omw61m2WgBXzNDZeZpYOv79aHQGZOI4k&e=

  Steve Chan:And the transcript from the WG's ICANN59 F2F are available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sched.co_B49Q&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=IxmR9HDXwOBqAshDBkbDVPuZAT7jidflPNVrgi_Mt7E&s=lm7w7eFDVwPQQGc0-8UftESlheRMJZOcDaP_SeGEicY&e=

  Rubens Kuhl:We can't hear you Quoc.

  Quoc Pham:sorry, about that

  Quoc Pham:I think I'm sorted now

  Rubens Kuhl:We are not yet proposing AGB language at this point, but policy and implementation guidelines.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):thanks Cheryl.

  Rubens Kuhl:manual evaluation

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Please do "channel on"  Cheryl!

  Rubens Kuhl:Which is a good suggestion, no matter who said it.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):it was Jeff

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):String confusion in relation to IDNs came up in Work Track 3 as well.  Don't agree on the "possible language" at all.  Very big policy change here, isn't it?

  Quoc Pham 2:bundling is not a common term/standard, would this imply that it will become a standard?

  Rubens Kuhl:Anne, this is a policy change from 2012, but one the group agreed upon.

  Rubens Kuhl:But the not defined policy change is the question being asked.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Definitely overlaps with Work Track 3

  Rubens Kuhl:Will reach out to WT3 co-chairs on this Anne.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Sounds good.  Thank you Rubens!

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Thank you Cheryl and Rubens.

  Emily Barabas:The upcoming call will be on Monday 24 July at 15:00 UTC

  Emily Barabas:Next call will be 20:00 UTC on Thursday 3 August

  Emily Barabas:for WT4

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:bye all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):2000 the.  bye for now