[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] - GDD Recommendations Regarding Potential Updates to Registry Systems Testing and Technical Criteria/Evaluations

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Mon Jul 31 16:56:26 UTC 2017

Dear WT4 Members,

You may recall that on WT4’s call on 8 June, members discussed SLA Monitoring misses or near-misses that had the potential to trigger the EBERO. As such, WT4 asked for GDD’s input into how the questions/evaluation and/or testing could be updated to help prevent SLA breaches in the future. Below, you’ll find the introductory paragraph from GDD’s response, with the full response attached:

We are writing in response to a question raised in the call with the Work Track 4 (WT4) of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process on 8 June 2017. On the call, the WT4 team asked for ICANN's recommendations for updating Registry System Testing [i.e., Pre-Delegation Testing (PDT) and Registry Service Provider (RSP) Change Testing] based on issues or breaches seen by the SLA Monitoring (SLAM) system, as well as ICANN's recommendations generally for improving testing and technical evaluations. Below we have provided ICANN's recommendations to inform the WT ongoing discussions. It should be noted that these recommendations stand independently of each other and should not be understood to be contingent upon the implementation of another.

Best,

Steve

Steven Chan

Policy Director, GNSO Support

ICANN

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300

Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

steve.chan at icann.org

mobile: +1.310.339.4410

office tel: +1.310.301.5800

office fax: +1.310.823.8649

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages.

Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO

Follow the GNSO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icanngnso/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/