[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Recording, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­ Track 4 ­ IDNs/Technical & Operations call

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Mar 6 16:14:59 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email.
The Adobe Connect recording and AC Chat are below for the New gTLD
Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 4 - IDNs/Technical & Operations held
on Monday, 06 March 2017 at 15:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p8g4vybqlx9/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=7e0ccb1022a76ce8
90b1778dd68a33f6205fe03fa936ef8a9e4a9505817aa362>
https://participate.icann.org/p8g4vybqlx9/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4

Agenda Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/75LRAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/75LRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 06 March 2017

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team -
Track 4 - IDNs/Technical & Operations on Monday, 06 March 2017 at 15:00 UTC
for 60 minutes.

  Terri Agnew:meeting agenda page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_7
5LRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
75LRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=dNAm14jWXIQFuTVPrw5k-YsDT0mNppfZCkgkNgJIuT
g&s=cHET_xmV-_vSVtW4nuI3unv-DSB6SVC1NVmH4yA0dIQ&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=dNAm14jWXIQFuTVPrw5k-YsDT0mNppfZCkgkNgJIuTg&s=cH
ET_xmV-_vSVtW4nuI3unv-DSB6SVC1NVmH4yA0dIQ&e=

  Rubens Kuhl:We can create Chebens, the name collision between Cheryl and
Rubens

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):lol

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):has a nice ring to it though

  Jeff Neuman:Can Rubens turn up his mic?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:Rubens your voice is a bit quiet

  Jeff Neuman:By policy changes, are we saying the policy as promulgated by
the NGPC

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:status quo

  Jeff Neuman:the burden right now to take down a site because of a
collission is pretty high.  To anyone's knowledge has any name actually been
taken down

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:not aware of any names being taken down (at
least not publically mentioned)

  Jeff Neuman:Should we cover the fainl recommendations of the JAS report

  Jeff Neuman:I think we have had several decades of living with expired
domain deletions and expired registrations without much data on name
collision causing any significant issues

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:indeed Jeff

  Jeff Neuman:So given that, I agree that no policy changes at this time
from us are warranted

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:+1 Jeff

  Edmon:i feel perhaps we should say this is not a new gTLD specific issue

  Edmon:rather than we have no view

  Trang Nguyen:I don't

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:Edmonton, recommendation that we do not see the
current need for Policy Development,  but rather to continue with the status
quo,  is not "no opinion"  IMO,  but yes we could note that this is not
specifically a *New* gTLD issue

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:sorry "no view"

  Edmon:thanks for the clarification cheryl

  Edmon:sorry have toddlers sleeping right beside me and am using text :-P

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:ahh I know that very well with my youngest
Granddaughter Edmonton

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:not on my side

  Jeff Neuman:Please come :)

  Jeff Neuman:Saturday morning

  Trang Nguyen:Thanks, All! Bye

  Edmon:bye

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Bye

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks @all, safe travels!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:bye talk soon safe travels to those who are
attending CPH