[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] City names: "non-objection from all the relevant governments or public authorities"

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Aug 29 15:10:37 UTC 2019

This possibility of getting letters of non-objection from smaller
entities, then turning it around for profit without any added value to
another entity exists in the real estate world in North America -- it is
called home flipping -- frowned upon but totally legal. There is every
reason to expect this scenario to play out in the gTLD world if it is
allowed. So, a clarification of these rules is really important.

Marita