[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Letter from Steve Crocker to GNSO Council Chair

David Ackerman david at nyu.edu
Wed Aug 17 21:37:06 UTC 2016

Yes, organizations such as mine, New York University, unaware of the first
round, had an expectation that we would have to wait 2 or 3 years. So, it
didn't seem too bad.

After 3 years, 2015, I was told 3 more years. Now, after 4 years, it's
going to be 4 more years? Bad pattern here!

We really need our gTLD to do our global business. And we are now
impatient, and I have complained broadly.

I completely agree with the comment:

   - eight years between rounds is incongruent with the goal of a smoothly
   running, well-managed process; in fact, it is embarrassing for the whole
   multistakeholder model