[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, AC Chat & Attendance for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 24 October 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Oct 25 00:30:08 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 24 October 2016 at 20:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page:

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-24oct16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/Exu4Aw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 24 October 2016

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 24 October 2016 at 20:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_Exu4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=0vCnAQQ90j_osI9kzh1aP7k24XW4BcgmV0akzvV0oFo&s=aOw8MwGVWk__qH725foHMXSfcJpCqNnH0VK0yuuTJkM&e=
  Michelle DeSmyter:Member page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_Ogp1Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=0vCnAQQ90j_osI9kzh1aP7k24XW4BcgmV0akzvV0oFo&s=zyt152YDofO9uBsEppOGxMhZzqCnI8Tf66y6nl_PCgA&e=
  Karen Day:Can barely hear Avri.
  Christa Taylor:Same here!
  Steve Chan:Closer to 4 hrs
  Emily Barabas:For those who will be attending the meeting, there will be lunch just before the session served in the room
  Jon Nevett:Which day and time again?
  Susan Payne:thursday 3rd.  about 13.45 from recollection
  Steve Chan:Right Susan, Thursday, November 3 - 13:45 - 18:30
  Jon Nevett:Thanks Steve -- could we get a calendar invite?
  Christa Taylor:In case it helps, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icann572016.sched.org_event_8cxk_gnso-2Dnew-2Dgtld-2Dsubsequent-2Dprocedures-2Dpdp-2Dworking-2Dgroup-2Dface-2Dto-2Dface-2Dmeeting&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=0vCnAQQ90j_osI9kzh1aP7k24XW4BcgmV0akzvV0oFo&s=Iqz1VChqLvi2rguAvXQ4aTt3fCkZsQBKR0jfcNuZiUg&e=
  Kurt Pritz:I believe the opening discussion, status and introductions should be very short. The meeting should be a working meeting and not bringing non-participants up to date. We can distribute materials beforehand so people can come up to speed.
  Steve Chan:Thanks Christa. @Jon, we don't send calendar invites for the f2f sessions. I would recommend utilizing Sched to help manage youre schedule at ICANN57.
  Jeff Neuman:@Kurt - That's the plan
  Jon Nevett:ok
  Rubens Kuhl:I support the idea, Avri.
  Karen Day:Think that would be good
  Jeff Neuman:Yes, but we should keep it short
  Christa Taylor:Also think it would be beneficial
  Kurt Pritz:Five minutes
  Christa Taylor:I am here but not on voice
  Christa Taylor:Once we have the meeting we should be able to direct the conversation to the concerns
  Kurt Pritz:On question 2: should we include registrants or users?
  Sara Bockey:Question 2 should read:  From RSP Accreditation to Third-Party Certifier – What is the most effective method to meet the needs of RSP, Registry and Registrar?
  Kurt Pritz:A stable, resilient internet? Lower registration costs?
  Christa Taylor:Perhaps insight into this will come out of the question
  Donna Austin, Neustar:I think it should also include applicants as this is one of the problems we're trying to solve.
  Jeff Neuman:@Kurt - I am not sure that either of those will be directly related  to registrants, but yes to applicants
  Christa Taylor:I definately think applicants should be included
  Jeff Neuman:We can hear you Michael
  Phil Buckingham:Avri . I have no dial out. . Michael - we can hear you .
  Phil Buckingham:Q  - do we need more reserved names re the IANA transition
  Rubens Kuhl:Like PTI ?
  Annebeth Lange:Question 2, WT2: Since it is differences between RNWG and what was the result in the AGB - especially for geographical names - there is a need to see those two documents in connection
  Phil Buckingham:Exactly , Rubens
  Rubens Kuhl:I think only the ICANN community thinks of PTI as the org managing IANA functions... ;-)
  Jeff Neuman:Annabeth, yes that is one of the differences....also have IGOs. Red Cross, IOC, etc.
  Jeff Neuman:We also have 2 characters, single character IDNs, etc.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed Jeff
  Annebeth Lange:I agree completely with Susan on that.
  Phil Buckingham:Q re COI / LOC - we would appreciate feedback from applicant's experiences/ problems
  Annebeth Lange:On the discussion on 2-letters on first level, that was the only thing we so far has agreed on in the cross-community WG on country & territory names
  Phil Buckingham:a wish !
  Jeff Neuman:@annabeth - We do not yet have a report from the CCWG on country and territory names.  Is one going to be forthcoming?
  Annebeth Lange:Yes, we plan to give you a report in Hyderabad
  Susan Payne:would it be possible to get a copy of the proposed questions in advance of the meeting - or could you point me to where they are posted please.  Some of us may want to gather input from colleagues who may not be there
  Susan Payne:sorry - was a general comment not specifically WT£
  Susan Payne:WT3
  Susan Payne:Thanks!
  Annebeth Lange:We still have discussion on this, and Bart is summing up the last discussions to be presented in Hyderabad. As you know, you have two co-chairs from GNSO, who can give you details.
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, the CWG-UCTN is aiming to wrap up an Interim Report (aka Initial Report) around the end of this year.
  Steve Chan:A progress report of sorts is being prepared for ICANN57 discussions.
  Robin Gross:Thanks, Avri.  Happy to join the team!  :-)
  Annebeth Lange:Heather and Carlos
  Annebeth Lange:I will try to be at the meeting in Hyderabad on Thursday, arriving in the morning
  Annebeth Lange:I have to leave, see you in Hyderabad
  avri doria:thanks
  Jeff Neuman:@Rubens :  For #1, do we mean the evaluation process as opposed to application process?
  Kurt Pritz:If you are going to ask an open-ended question such as #1: you should create some rules about participating in order to manage the discussion, i.e., present you idea and why the change should be made - we will compile all the suggestions for discussion by the group.
  Christa Taylor:+1 to Kurt's point
  Phil Buckingham:Absolutely  Donna .
  Jeff Neuman:Good point @kurt
  Jeff Neuman:yes
  Jeff Neuman:@Avri - Yes
  Phil Buckingham:Donna, think categories is key , high priority  - everything flow from this ?
  Steve Chan:Staff can maintain a parking lot"
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):good idea
  Jeff Neuman:Thanks!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Great  safe travels  all see some of you soon  Bye for now
  Christa Taylor:Thanks!
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thank you
  Alexander Schubert:bye
  Robin Gross:Thanks, bye!
  Kavouss Arasteh:Is there any restriction to attend your meeting in Hyderabad
  Phil Buckingham:thanks