[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance, AC Recording & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Tuesday, 07 March 2017

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Mar 7 23:46:55 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Tuesday, 07 March 2017 at 20:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/Ha-RAw

MP3:  <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-07mar17-en.mp3

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/Ha-RAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday, 07 March 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Tuesday, 07 March 2017 at 20:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_Ha-2DRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=GpkcbbtPvo5J88YbJtlLSGRaVH9F4nm4hDlRQcORVdg&s=DvDKTC9jFEUKRMqYQlIhI9Alq_TZWbGpREM3IT_HUKE&e=
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:loud and clear.
  Alexander Schubert:Feels to me like "Groundhog day"...... https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DeZbtAFq7dP8&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=GpkcbbtPvo5J88YbJtlLSGRaVH9F4nm4hDlRQcORVdg&s=8_lM4V5qcRrUef_HJLt_F3ENhFGLeyVEh0lQdyKNtbM&e=
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:loud and clear, avri.
  Emily Barabas:Please note, we are working with a new Google Document: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1qutP4I6fpyTtH4uSgLqsSFDn7082Guexr7gU8YD78Zg_edit-23&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=GpkcbbtPvo5J88YbJtlLSGRaVH9F4nm4hDlRQcORVdg&s=UamAK7GaGVkTFfsbAF_7eWvHIROpUXGo23xmryO7vow&e=
  Emily Barabas:If you would like to read along in the Google Doc, please use this link
  Emily Barabas:The document is not synced
  Emily Barabas:everyone can scroll
  Emily Barabas:the formatting of the redline in the pod and the google doc look a little different, but the content of the edits is the same.
  jeff neuman:I like periodic...
  jeff neuman:but that is just me
  Donna Austin, Neustar:agree with Jeff
  jeff neuman:Should we say "a RSP" or "an RSP"
  Sara Bockey:a RSP, I think
  Donna Austin, Neustar:agree with Sara
  jeff neuman:I know the general rule is you only use "an" before a word that starts with a vowel...but it sounds weird
  jeff neuman:again that is just me
  Donna Austin, Neustar:if we spell out RSP it would be 'a registry service provider'
  jeff neuman:true
  Alexander Schubert:1.1.7 should be periodic in my opinion - as it doesn't involve any publishing.
  Steve Chan:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qutP4I6fpyTtH4uSgLqsSFDn7082Guexr7gU8YD78Zg/edit#
  Steve Chan:Apologies if we've gotten the sentiment wrong, but not a lot of details in the placeholder.
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:support for 1.5.3. as it is worded.
  jeff neuman:@Steve - you got it right
  jeff neuman:have some confidence :)
  Alexander Schubert:In 1.7.1 we should ask in a way that would allow to create this answer:   No "draw" needed when we issue a random number during application submission - then use that random number in an algorithm that creates a queue! This who wish to be at the end of the quezuecan indicate at application submission.
  jeff neuman:SHould we use "category"
  Alexander Schubert:Sorry typos:  "Those who wish to be at the end of the queue can indicate at application submission."
  Alexander Schubert:Regarding my previous post!
  Alexander Schubert:In WT2 I still miss any question about 2.2.1.4.1 Treatment of Country or Territory Names .....
  Heather Forrest:Interim report of CWG-UCTN has been published for comment
  Steve Chan:Further to Heather's comment, it was published on 24 Feb here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_cwg-2Ductn-2Dinterim-2Dpaper-2D2017-2D02-2D24-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=GpkcbbtPvo5J88YbJtlLSGRaVH9F4nm4hDlRQcORVdg&s=v9GW6BVdihBWfuiEN_5cKMHuAoLYwhLvIBXSKrASa9o&e=
  jeff neuman:yes
  Heather Forrest:To put a finer point on Alexander's comment, the group as a whole has not agreed because the scope of the group's work was very narrow. Certainly the partifcipants have views that need to be discussed here in the PDP.
  jeff neuman:But we will address that issue when the CWG is done.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:should there be a note mentioning that country and territory names have been left out of this exercise for x reason
  Alexander Schubert:Footnote that we deal with it later!
  Steve Chan:Jeff, you deleted it :)
  Donna Austin, Neustar:yep
  Justine Chew:Yes
  Heather Forrest:Excellent question!
  jeff neuman:I would like to hear from Paul
  Heather Forrest:Sorry  - slow to post check mark for Option 1. It's wordy, but if there are 'yes' answers out there, this group should hear them
  jeff neuman:Understood.  We can start with a word other than "should"
  jeff neuman:Structured and/or evaluated?
  Justine Chew:Yes
  Steve Chan:Yes, thanks
  jeff neuman:3.4.6 is new
  jeff neuman:so let people read
  jeff neuman:the CCWG on Auction Proceeds is not discussing how auctions work or why they exist
  jeff neuman:it is only talking about the use of funds
  jeff neuman:@Avri - correct
  Julie Hedlund:@Avri: That is correct.  Only the funding.
  Greg Shatan:Actually, they're talking about the mechanisms for deciding how to spend the money.
  Greg Shatan:Others will then decide how to spend the money using those mechanisms.
  jeff neuman:only 1/4 of a billion :)
  Greg Shatan:You got it....
  Greg Shatan:Rounding error.
  Trang Nguyen:4.3.2.3 The AGB criteria did not include evaluation of an applicant's business model. Meaning, Q18 was not evaluated. And the projections in Q46 was not evaluated against the proposed business model in Q18.
  jeff neuman:I am fine with that
  Trang Nguyen:yes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):if we drop then do ask for the any other comments
  jeff neuman:Is anybody out there?
  Greg Shatan:Agree with dropping the question.
  Martin Sutton:Fine to drop q
  Greg Shatan:4 3 2 6 ask or both.
  Greg Shatan:Please see chat
  Greg Shatan:at application time, at contract signing time, or at both  times?
  Greg Shatan:Sounds good
  Greg Shatan:I have no voice
  Greg Shatan:and I must scream
  jeff neuman:You better get it back before friday ;)
  Steve Chan:There is a similar question in the technical section. If there are no objections, I'll make the same change there.
  Greg Shatan:Just not pluigged in.  Bonus points for literary reference in my prior interventions..
  Trang Nguyen:That timing question probably applies to background screening as well.
  jeff neuman:no objection
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):fine
  Paul McGrady:"Additional Questions"
  Julie Hedlund:Could just say "data"?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):data points refers to any discreet unit of information
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):usually in an analytical context
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it is an Observation
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:"data points" is quite common as a stan ding expression, I believe.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):can be single or multiple measures
  Alexander Schubert:Noun 1. data point - an item of factual information derived from measurement or research
  Rudy Mendoza:agreed
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:yes, please keep it.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):can also be seen as a term in multifactorial statistical analysis
  Paul McGrady:Excellent Avri!  Great run through the document.
  Martin Sutton:well done
  Sara Bockey:Great job, Avri!
  Alexander Schubert:I second Kavouss
  Martin Sutton:well said Kavouss
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:kavouss' motion seconded!
  Trang Nguyen:Thanks, All! Bye!
  Donna Austin, Neustar:well done Avri
  Alexander Schubert:Bye!
  Sara Bockey:thanks everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye
  Martin Sutton:thx, bye
  Christopher Niemi:Thank you!
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:thanks, all - bye.
  Heather Forrest:Safe travels, everyone - thanks Avri and Jeff