[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 21 May 2018 at 15:00 UTC
vanda at scartezini.org
Fri May 18 18:56:34 UTC 2018
Dear Emily, colleagues.
I will be speaking in an event about Privacy Monday morning, so not be able to participate. My apologies!
Here some comments about the points to be debated
1. ( Section 1.5 item c.2 ) - I am still not think that to implement this recommendation ( refund applicants) will be an easy and/or fair task- I believe keep the excess in a fund for destinations as described in item c.4, will cost less to ICANN’s administration, otherwise the administration cost may generate more fee cost to all.
2. ( Section 1.5 item e) : What are the considerations/implications if we move to continuous rounds, especially as it relates to ensuring the program is run in a revenue neutral manner?
Refund solution will not work in this alternative. the Application administration for a continuous rounds will probably use the same “more accurate applicant fee” and will need to have a more reduced but permanent structure to face continuous application. Adjustment of the applicant fee will be a continuous task and shall be monitoring annually reporting to the community. Additionally the whole external support, as independent panels, shall be registered as a list of persons open to join in a different panels, any time, for an specific task they are experts. For each application, when needed a reduced panel of 3 will be selected for a working day to analyse the application.
1. Under the circumstance where the application fee is set at the floor amount, do you have additional suggestions or strategy on the disbursement of excess funds?
I believe the best alterative will be in Fund to be disbursed as defined in isection1.5 c.4.
My 2 cents
Have a successful meeting
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.
From: Gnso-newgtld-wg <gnso-newgtld-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Emily Barabas <emily.barabas at icann.org>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2018 at 14:31
To: "gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org" <gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 21 May 2018 at 15:00 UTC
Dear WG Members,
Below, please find the proposed agenda for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG meeting scheduled for Monday 21 May 2018 at 15:00 UTC, for 90 minutes.
1. Agenda Review
2. Roll Call/SOIs
3. Review of the Initial Report (continued). * The purpose of this review is to ensure that preliminary outcomes and deliberations are accurately captured and written in an understandable manner. The WG Co-Chairs have sought to make clear that this exercise is not intended to re-open substantive discussions, which is better served by the submission of public comments and subsequently when reviewing public comments received. Please submit your comments about these sections to the Working Group mailing list (gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org>) in advance of the meeting.
1. Section 1.5: Application Submission (Application Fees; Variable Fees; Application Submission Period; Applicant Support; Terms & Conditions)
2. Section 1.6: Application Processing (Application Queuing)
3. Time Permitting, Section 1.10: Contracting (Base Registry Agreement, Registrar Non-Discrimination / Registry/Registrar Standardization)
4. Time Permitting, Section 1.11: Pre-Delegation (Registry System Testing)
For Item 3, the relevant documents are attached. As a reminder, please note that a resource page has been set up on the Wiki to track the distribution of Initial Report sections, which you can find here: https://community.icann.org/x/NwUhB. As you can see in the link, the following sections have been released:
1.2: Overarching Issues
1.4: Pre-Launch Activities
1.5: Application Submission
1.6: Application Processing
1.7: Application Evaluation/Criteria
Those signed up as Members to this PDP WG should have received meeting information from the SOAC Support team. If you did not receive these participation details or if you would like to send your apologies, please contact the SOAC Support team (gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-newgtld-wg