[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed Agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - Tuesday, 04 August at 03:00 UTC for 90 Minutes

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Tue Aug 4 14:58:10 UTC 2020

Hi Phil,

You wrote:

2. As to Justine point . Applicants will

Not be allowed to adjust their sealed bids,(  irrespective of whether any contention set has shrunk )

IDEA However they will be able to / allowed to resubmit a new sealed bid up to 2 weeks before on the announcement of the date of the auction ( whether private or the public last resort auction) .

That opens up all kinds of room for trickery. Each of the both applicants provided a sealed bid after they were informed that their string is in contention in some way form or shape. When they create a JV they may choose either of the both bids. Otherwise all contention set members would have to be able to submit a new bid – and we had a reason to make sure applicants do not have any knowledge against whom they are bidding, or against how many.

Thanks,

Alexander