[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 16 December 2014 at 1500 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Dec 16 19:20:30 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 16 December 2014 at 15:00 UTC. at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20141216-en.mp3
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Steve Metalitz - IPC
Graeme Bunton – RrSG
Frank Michlick – Individual
Justin Macy - BC
Susan Kawaguchi – BC
Kristina Rosette – IPC
Val Sherman – IPC
Theo Geurts - RrSG
Stephanie Perrin - NCSG
James Bladel – RrSG
Griffin Barnett – IPC
Alex Deacon – IPC
Kathy Kleiman – NCSG
Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Phil Corwin – BC
Sarah Wyld – RrSG
Vicky Scheckler – IPC
Holly Raiche – ALAC
Christian Dawson-ISPCP
Carlton Samuels – ALAC
Michele Neylon – RrSG
Don Blumenthal – RySG
Phil Marano - IPC
Todd Williams – IPC
David Cake – NCSG
David Heasley - IPC
 Darcy Southwell – RrSG
David Hughes - IPC

Apologies :
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid- RrSG
Richard Leaning – no SOI
Paul McGrady – IPC
Kiran Malancharuvil – IPC
Marika Konings

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Daniela Andela
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/
Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie
-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 16 December 2014:

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 16 December 2014

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all
  Kathy:Hi All -- on a completely different note, I wanted to share that my documentary (on the ENIAC Programmers) "played the White House" last Wednesday -- as part of the First Computer Science Film Festival :-)
  Kathy:No Presidential participation -- but lots of students!
  Theo Geurts:cool
  Bladel::(
  steve metalitz:Note that regrets also received from Paul McGrady
  Nathalie  Peregrine:noted, thanks
  Kathy:We're not meeting next week, are we?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Vicky Scheckler joined the AC room
  Nathalie  Peregrine:you all have scrolling rights now
  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake
  Nathalie  Peregrine:has joined the cal
  Stephanie Perrin:& Kathy, Wow, congratulations!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Graeme, i have now promoted you to presented, you can scroll now and all should see
  Kristina Rosette:Apologies for being late.  Needed a few minutes to decompress after my 2 hour commute!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Hughes is on the audio bridge
  val sherman:Kathy - -that's great. Congrats!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:all have scrolling rights now
  Kathy:@Kristina - 2 hours?  It is bumper to bumper out there (DC)?
  Kathy:Is it?
  Kathy:@Mary - I like that clarification
  Kristina Rosette:@Kathy.  Yes.  Water main break on 12th Street, flooded Metro Center, shut down orange-blue-silver lines (so everyone from VA drove) and then 12th closed between E &F.
  Michele Neylon:oh lovely
  Kathy:@Kristina - yikes!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Apologies from Kiran Malancharuvil
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Don Blumenthal has joined the AC room
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton Samuels has joined the call
  Carlton Samuels:Morning all
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all MUTE phones and mics as we are getting an echo.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:If you are listening via the audio bridge, please mute your computer speakers.
  Kristina Rosette:Could we flag this definition as a point on which we specifically seek community input (when the report goes out for public comment)?
  Kathy:Let's try this: Persistent Failure of Delivery = a technical failure of delivery over a period of time after which the system stops trying to deliver?
  Michele Neylon:Kristina +1
  Michele Neylon:that would help
  steve metalitz:+1 Kristina
  val sherman:+1
  Bladel:Sounds good.  I think the key is for a provider to be aware that delivery failed or was abandoned due to excessive attempts.
  Michele Neylon:I like community input
  Don Blumenthal:I thought I was. I can hear but I guess that the mic isn't working.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Don, can we dial out to you?
  Holly Raiche:Agree with Kathy
  steve metalitz:James' point is already in the text -- "that the provider becomes aware of."
  Kathy:@Steve, agreed, but we should also include it with the def of technical failure since the def is really two parts: the technical failure + knowledge of it by P/P (I would put both in the new footnote)
  Bladel:"Reasonable limits on repeated duplicate requests."
  Don Blumenthal:My hand was up as a polite way to see if I got the mic to work. No luck.
  steve metalitz:+1 James on reasonable limits
  Bladel:There should probably be an "or" bweteen "repeated" and "duplicate"
  Bladel:Apologies for that.  Also, I'll need to drop at 9:30CST, so thanks folks.
  Holly Raiche:Agree with Kathy on need to there being two parts - technical and knowledge of failure
  Kathy:should/must -> public comment?
  Todd Williams:+1 Steve
  Kristina Rosette:+1 to steve
  val sherman:+ 1 Steve
  Michele Neylon:+1 Kathy
  Darcy Southwell:+1 to Kathy
  steve metalitz:"should" is not a minimum standard, it's a recommendation
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Phil Marano has joined the call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:trying to find course of echo
  Graeme Bunton:Could you elaborate Kathy?
  val sherman:How would these be enforceable if these were merely recommendations?
  Kristina Rosette:@Val:  They wouldn't be. That's the problem.
  Michele Neylon:suggesting that we get input during a public comment period is not deferring
  Michele Neylon:it's simply moving forward
  val sherman:How would these standards be enforceable if they were mere recommendations?
  Graeme Bunton:So, email or form failed, then Providers must use phone or physical mail to forward escalation?
  Holly Raiche:I think it should be must - recognising that the requirement is to make the effort to contact and accepting that contact may not necessarily be made
  val sherman:Sorry for duplicate comments -- also having issues with Adobe
  Holly Raiche:@ Graeme - I don't think we have agreed on what method is to be used if email contact fails - maybe that is what we seek comment on
  Michele Neylon:Holly - I'd prefer it were left open
  Graeme Bunton:Was just pondering what other methods would be at our disposal
  Michele Neylon:ie. if I want to ring them, send them a letter or drive to their house
  Michele Neylon:I should be able to choose what method works best for me
  Holly Raiche:@ Michael - I don't think we are trying to determine what method is used - that should be left open.  The question is between saying an attempt must be made doing something differently to try to make contact
  Graeme Bunton:no disagreement on provider selection, Michele
  Holly Raiche:Provider selection isn't the issue - I see that as a given.  The issue for Steve is whether or not an attempt should or must be made
  Susan Kawaguchi:If the current process for de-accreditatin ofregistrars works well then I think we should not reinvent the wheel
  steve metalitz:+1 Holly "provider selection" of the means of alternative relay  is in the text already
  Holly Raiche:@ Michele - apologies for the misspelling - it's 0250 here
  Kathy:In general, I think there are points newly added in this doc that I would like some time to think about...
  Kristina Rosette:+1 to Michele and Susan
  Holly Raiche:Agree with Kathy - spend time on the next calll - next week??
  val sherman:pick up?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:trying to find the noisy line
  Michele Neylon:lol
  Graeme Bunton:Hooray!
  Stephanie Perrin:Sorry lost sound, hope we are returning to theseissues next week
  steve metalitz:+1 on "general recommendation"
  Nathalie  Peregrine:AC audio is still running
  Michele Neylon:I need to drop
  Michele Neylon:have yet another call now
  Carlton Samuels:Talk to all of you anon. Bye