[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 11 February 2014 at 1500 UTC

Gisella Gruber Gisella.Gruber at icann.org
Tue Feb 11 22:43:35 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services
Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 11 February 2014
at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140211-en.mp3
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140211-en.mp3>

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#feb

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/ <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/>

Attendees:

Don Blumenthal - RySG
Luc Seufer - RrSG
Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Griffin Barnett ­ IPC
Justin Macy ­ CBUC

Jim Bikoff ­ IPC
Maria Farrell ­ NCUC
Graeme Bunton ­ RrSG
Tim Ruiz ­ RrSG
Roy Balleste ­ NCUC
David Heasley - IPC
James Bladel - RrSG
Susan Prosser ­ RrSG
Kiran Malancharuvil ­ IPC
Sarah Wyld ­ no SOI as of yet
Todd Williams ­ IPC
Valeriya Sherman ­ IPC
Steve Metalitz - IPC
Phil Marano ­ IPC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
 Holly Raiche ­ ALAC
Gema Campillos ­ GAC
Osvaldo Novoa  - ISPCP

Tobias Sattler ­ RrSG
Kristina Rosette - IPC
Bill Watenpaugh - RrSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Elizabeth Baney
Justin Macey - BC
Keith Kupferschmid - IPC
Darcy Southwell - RrSG
Stephanie Perrin - NCUC
Paul McGrady - IPC

Apologies:

Katherine McGowan
Kathy Kleiman ­ RySGgr
Carlton Samuels - ALAC
Alex Deacon - IPC
Ben Anderson - RrSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings
Mary Wong

Gisella Gruber

Mailing list archives:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gisella

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 11 February 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 11 February 2014
  Tobias Sattler:Hi there
  Volker Greimann:Good Afternoon, or freezing morning, depending on where
you are
  M:Hi guys
  Gisella Gruber-White:M - please identify yourself
  M:gah, sorry gisella, it's me, maria. the form sometimes autocompletes me!
  M:I'll log back in as my full name!
  Sarah Wyld - Aplus.net:Good morning
  Bladel:Good Chilly Morning.
  Maria Farrell:Back now, hi again, everyone
  Graeme Bunton:Maria - are you unable to ask questions on the call again?
  Maria Farrell:hi there, no, I should be able to dial in today also.
  Michele Neylon:I will be dropping off in a few minutes
  Michele Neylon:expecting a call on my desk phone
  Maria Farrell:i mean, no, i'm not unable. I'm just not always at an office
location I can be on a call in. I think others have this issue, too. e.g.
some open planoffices.
  Maria Farrell:but today is ok
  Michele Neylon:oooo
  Michele Neylon:Gisella
  Michele Neylon:haven't heard that voice in a while
  Graeme Bunton:ok, good.
  Graeme Bunton:Please mute your mic if you're not talking
  Gisella Gruber-White:Marie-Laure Lemineur has joined the AC room
  Marie-laure Lemineur:Apologies for being late
  Val Sherman:David Heasley is on the line as well
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Val - thank you, noted.
  Stephanie Perrin:Apologies for being late!
  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Apologies for being late as well. Just dialled in.
  Luc Seufer:if we all agree that 3.7.7.3 doesn't apply, why bother?
  Volker Greimann:centralnic third-levels anyone?
  Elizabeth Baney:I support getting 3.7.7.3. clarified by the GC
  Gema Campillos:Appreciated.
  Bladel:Right.  Consider tumblr.com....
  Michele Neylon:dialled in now - since the journo postponed until 4pm
  Gisella Gruber-White:Kiran has joined the call
  Maria Farrell:Sorry, I had to hang up as I have building work going on
suddenly outside my office window. Just wanted to say I support Don's  /
steve's ideaof getting down to work on the sub headings.
  Val Sherman:Can we just retitle the "Main Issues" as "Conclusions" and
move it to the end
  Gema Campillos:Agree with Val and Tim.
  Stephanie Perrin:Thanks for bringing up the lawyers issue Don!
  Mary Wong 2:@Val, how about "General Issues"? It may be that as the WG
goes along these may crop up and so not necessarily be Conclusions.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Osvaldo has joined the Adobe Connect
  Tim Ruiz:Start with Main Issue #2. It is a threshold question.
  Tim Ruiz:As part of Issue 2, who should or shouldn't be. Can you do both
or only one or the other. Where do law firms, CentralNic, etc. come into
this.
  Stephanie Perrin:Could I bring up the point that the EWG did reach
agreement that the customer info of a privacy proxy services customer would
not appear in the new RDS...what would be in the RDS is the registrant
information, so the proxy/shield service provider.  There was no
determination that such a registration would be "flagged" for general
consumption, as I recall.  (Michele may have a difference recollection)
  Maria Farrell:michele is very hard on lawyers...
  Maria Farrell::-)
  Michele Neylon:Law professor claimed we were a publishers of a website
  Michele Neylon:cos we hosted the damn thing
  Maria Farrell:oh dear!
  Holly Raiche:The issue isn't just lawyeers - it's everyone who may want to
operate the service - are there some bottom line requirements that allows
lawyers and other unincorporated bodies
  Michele Neylon:Maria - she backed down when I pointed this out :)
  Elizabeth Baney:apoligies - ignorant question: but is this group bound by
the EWG's views (see Stephanie's comment), or couldn't we differ?
  Michele Neylon:Elizabeth - feel free to differ :)
  Michele Neylon:EWG is not binding on anyone
  Marika Konings:Isn't the goal to set objective criteria which may mean
that certain groups / individuals would not be able to qualify instead of
singling out certain groups?
  Elizabeth Baney:Thanks Michele ;)
  Michele Neylon:Elizabeth - I'm on EWG
  Michele Neylon:and we don't know everything
  Holly Raiche:If we go to the RAA 2013 version, we have to include
thespecification - part of what the Board passed
  Elizabeth Baney:I know it!
  Gema Campillos:The current speaker is saying what I wanted to say.
  Michele Neylon:Gema - that's Tim Ruiz
  Amr Elsadr:@Tim: +1. Answering Main Issue no. 2 now will be helpful down
the road.
  Mike Zupke:As reference, here is the statement of registrar accreditation
policy:http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/accreditation/policy-sta
tement
  Don Blumenthal:Thanks for saving me the lookup effort on the RAA language
  Mary Wong 2:@Elizabeth, the EWG and this WG are proceeding in parallel, so
to the extent that the EWG concretely recommends something that may
influence/impact this WG's discussions, it's something the WG will probably
want to address. Staff will coordinate between the 2 groups and monitor, and
it's of course helpful to have EWG members on this WG :)
  Mary Wong 2:Note also that the EWG's mission is broader than this WG's
charter (which focuses just on P&P services accreditation)
  Holly Raiche:True Mary - but we have to deal with the specification onP/P
so that is our task
  Don Blumenthal:And Carlton for EWG
  Val Sherman:@ Mary, that may work just fine.  The title may evolve along
as we work thru the issues.
  Mary Wong 2:Following up on Michele's comment - the GNSO is due to kick
off a PDP on the new gTLD registration data system AFTER the EWG completes
its Final Report.
  steve metalitz:what about work plan?
  Graeme Bunton:That might hinge on the outcome of the poll
  Luc Seufer:so hiatus until the poll results came back?
  Luc Seufer:come
  Marika Konings:Thinking through the order based on the first question may
help people decide which order they would prefer?
  Tim Ruiz:@Maria, I like this, "Isn't the goal to set objective criteria
which may mean that certain groups / individuals would not be able to
qualify instead of singling out certain groups?"
  Don Blumenthal:Answers are due in less than three weeks. We have work to
do in the interim
  Tim Ruiz:I meant @Marika.
  Maria Farrell:Can we make sure to have at least 1 hour of actual working
time in Singaproe?
  Mary Wong 2:@Maria, we've requested a 90-minute WG meeting; the WG can
decide how much time of that you want to devote toc community feedback.
  Amr Elsadr:@Don: Yes. I will also make the assumption that there will be
community members outside this WG who might be interested in engaging with
this WG..., possibly the GAC.
  Maria Farrell:SOrry, building works outside and can't talk
  Maria Farrell:working time is actual WG work, not presentation time and
q&a
  Don Blumenthal:That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.
  Maria Farrell:We need to prioritise that in our request for scheduled
meeting time.
  Maria Farrell:thanks, don
  Maria Farrell:also, re. 'consensus', I don't see how that is suddenly an
issue. there will be remote participation, surely, like all calls. and if
people are worried about anythignt he meeting does, I suggested last time
that we do wht the ietf habitually does, and have notning accepted as agreed
till the wg gets to review it by email following the f2f.
  Marika Konings:@Holly - that will likely conflict with the joint
GNSO-ccNSO meeting
  Volker Greimann:it does
  Marika Konings:@Holly - I know, just wanted to flag it :-)
  Volker Greimann:so I will not be able to attend either
  Mary Wong 2:@Maria, the WG meeting format can be as flexible/open as the
WG wishes; most of the presentation/Q&A to-and-fro occurs in the GNSO
weekend sessions.
  Maria Farrell:thanks, mary
  Mary Wong 2:Also WG Guidelines recommend that consensus calls are done on
the list, to enable everyone to have a chance to consider and contribute.
  Maria Farrell:exactly, so doing actual work at a f2f and then putting it
to the list shouldn't be a problem.
  Michele Neylon:https://thedaywefightback.org
<https://thedaywefightback.org/>   - 100k+ signature so far :)
  Michele Neylon:her audio is b0rked ;)
  Mary Wong 2:@Gema, as to your 2nd question - that was a question a WG
member asked - if in addition to Reveal there should be Publication.
  Maria Farrell:thanks don
  Darcy Southwell:Thank you.
  steve metalitz:all the points have question marks at the end.  Gema is
providing an answer.
  Luc Seufer:Bye
  Susan Prosser:bye
  Gema Campillos:Ok. Thank you. I´ll take it to the list.
  Marie-laure Lemineur:bye and tx
  Amr Elsadr:thnx. bye.
  Stephanie Perrin:Gema's point was important we need to come back to it....