[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Agenda, documents and suggestions for WG call on Tuesday 21 April 2015

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Apr 21 13:10:18 UTC 2015

Steve,
I agree and thanks. But the longstanding language that we have been
working on for weeks is now bracketed and optional -- it would be good
to unbracket it and make clear what is the original language (below) and
what is the new language.
Tx! Kathy

Original, longstanding language of III.C...

    *C.*Disclosure can be reasonably refused, for reasons consistent
    with the general policy stated herein, including, but not limited to
    any of the following:

      *(1)*the Service Provider has already published Customer contact
      details in Whois as the result of termination of privacy and proxy
      service;

      *(2)*the Customer has objected to the disclosure and has provided
      [adequate] reasons against disclosure, including without
      limitation a reasonable defense for its use of the trademark or
      copyrighted content in question;

      *(3)*the Provider has found [adequate] reasons against disclosure,

      *(4)*the Customer has surrendered its domain name registration in
      lieu of disclosure, if the Service Provider offers its Customers
      this option.

      *(5)*that the Customer has provided, or the Provider has found,
      specific evidence demonstrating that the Requestor’s trademark or
      copyright request is a pretext for obtaining the Customer’s
      contact details for the purpose of contravening the Customer’s
      human rights[facts and circumstances] [information, facts and/or
      circumstances] showing that the Requestor’s trademark or copyright
      complaint is a pretextual means of obtaining the Customer’s
      contact details [solely] [mainly] for the purpose of contravening
      the Customer’s [human rights (e.g., freedom of expression)]
      [privacy rights].

: