[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI Comment Period and Section 1.3.3

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 28 22:39:04 UTC 2015

SInce I think there is a distinct set of questions that can be asked on
the other side, and that indeed have been asked, I would not support the
inclusion of this set of (in my view) leading questions without the
opposing questions.  To do so would be to reflect a fundamental bias.  I
would prefer to say something along the lines of the use of proxy
services by commercial entities could be restricted by national law,
where such law applies.
I believe we had a lengthy discussion about defining commercial
activity.  It seems to me it is not for ICANN to impose such
restrictions on Internet activity through its limited remit over domain
name registration, a point which we have made repeatedly.
If you are going to insist on the inclusion of this (in my view leading)
text then we need a few more days to prepare an opposing
statement.....April 30 is an artificial deadline which I am surprised to
see announced at this late date.
cheers Stephanie