[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 17 November 2015 at 14:30 UTC

Gisella Gruber Gisella.Gruber at icann.org
Tue Nov 17 21:09:12 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 17 November 2015 at 14:30 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-17nov15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsvV9hAR8m4Kl3JxO5vMGFW-2F255jHd758fYN06B7cTkKTA-3D-3D_ExQpjP5gt1cFzAzN52twqTBV3K8BwR6GGpVa2x6T1sg8JgqSY4cfHGgpC-2F6btNvPSQ3YkDUgqog-2FbkF37-2BMajytvgnUMIVE0Tt49pYZoqVchaGh4UqHez2GxQx5cIB2MIwyhKiD4RKxVfFbpVuy1HnXp77QN-2BFBoBvNSX-2FGtcUfNQJ0zWX2Q2uCVRCL3x9CrIkwkCJvnWwS5WtffhwMUKcI8kWBA8YocL6cC-2FsQ7kjMET-2FKjCWR6PUVy631t9jDLMlxdHPrrsTHGwfpKL-2FnsoJHa9IVtC2xkjSR8fTTlTW48vbGJFRksZrKXzW4PDB13N3namDKkMOig8LGSZra5n1mNr8WMfW9y4tN3piFQ2yZRENaVqGyPdDyvMCkWqzew3ohaSfQsyjhDk50B5bXu3j7HMRe6RjrdwhT6MVUnyj0a7UCFcH-2BJGaiwBrJR5Xws98DJ-2BpUNe9wrQmYC1HTXJ0NJIM0tavgoKFFcRTD-2BiVot0oIds4aORRwj4umjBuc0>

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Attendees:
Alex Deacon – IPC
Chris Pelling - RrSG
Don Blumenthal – RySG
Frank Michlick – Individual
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Griffin Barnett– IPC
Kathy Kleiman – NCSG
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid– RrSG
Luc Seufer - RrSG
Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Paul McGrady - IPC
Roger Carney-RrSG
Sara Bockey - RrSG
Sarah Wyld – RrSG
Stephanie Perrin – NCSG
Steve Metalitz – IPC
Susan Kawaguchi - BC
Todd Williams - IPC
Volker Greimann– RrSG

Apologies:
Holly Raiche – ALAC
James Gannon – NCUC
Christian Dawson - ISPCP
James Bladel – RrSG
Phil Corwin

ICANN staff:
Amy Bivins
Marika Konings
Mike Zupke
Mary Wong
Glen de Saint Gery
Nathalie Peregrine
Gisella Gruber

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Gisella Gruber

-------------------------------
Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 17 November 2015

 Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the PPSAI WG call on Tuesday 17 November 2015 at 14:30 UTC for 90 minutes.
  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello, I am connecting my audio now
  Chris Pelling:afternoon all :)
  Chris Pelling:all gone quiet
  Chris Pelling:?
  Graeme Bunton:Working for me, Chris
  Chris Pelling:last person I heard was Mary I believe
  Mary Wong:@Steve, apologies - yes we'd made a further update by pasting James Bladel's email notes that he just sent, since he can't join the call today.
  Chris Pelling:ok so voice bridge was down
  Gisella Gruber:Luc Seufer has joined the call
  Marika Konings:Not sure whether it would be within scope for this group to recommend changes to the IRTP....
  Marika Konings:although it could obviously be an issue to review for future IRTP WGs?
  Gisella Gruber:Stephanie Perrin has joined the call
  Luc Seufer:we can still recommend even if it's not follow with effect
  Marika Konings:I think IRTP Part C clearly defined what constitutes a change of registrant - which I believe did factor in various scenarios.
  Luc Seufer:not sure it factors reveals
  Kathy K:I've been on hold for some time trying to join the call
  Gisella Gruber:Kathy Kleiman has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber:@ Kathy - I will notify the operator
  Kathy K:tx!
  Marika Konings:@Luc - I understood we are talking here about triggering the 60 day lock, not reveal
  Luc Seufer:sorry I meant disclose
  Luc Seufer:if a special rule needs to be included, it needs to be limited to the suspension of accredited PP services.
  Gisella Gruber:Roger Carney has joined the call
  Luc Seufer:Otherwise it would be impossible to follow for registrars. (when to lock for 60 days or not to)
  Kathy K:Steve - do we have a specific rec for the next IRTP team?
  Mary Wong:@Kathy, it's a general rec to look more specifically to P/P impacts at the moment, hence my suggestion
  Luc Seufer:in any case if those go foward they will most certainly conflict with IRTP so which one will prevail?
  Mary Wong:@Luc, hence the suggestion for a compatibility check during implementation, and also the general rec to consider P/P impacts in the next review of the IRTP.
  Gisella Gruber:Volker Greiman has moined the call
  Gisella Gruber:Greimann - apologies
  Luc Seufer:he is a monk now?
  Luc Seufer:@Mary thanks
  Gisella Gruber:Susan Kawaguchi has joined the call
  Susan Kawaguchi:sorry forgot this call started at 6:30 am
  Susan Kawaguchi:but the operator has not answered yet
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:this time change made the meeting more difficult
  Mike Zupke:Apologies, I need to leave for another call.
  Kathy K:@Volker - agreed
  Paul McGrady:Thanks Kathy!
  Kathy K:Tx Paul!
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:sorry, but the RAA language is a problem
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:"may not knowingly accept" is pretty clear
  Luc Seufer:Just a semantic remark, either P/P service providers are accredited and thus they have this quality of P/P service providers or they aren't and they are something else.
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:i.e. once we find out they are non-accredited, regardless of how we decide how they should be treated, registrars cannot accept their registrations, with all the consequences for existing  services
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:err, registrations
  Kathy K:that's right
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:also, with this language, "Rights Holder" is too narrow
  Mary Wong:I believe the premise is that this "annex to the Annex" would be triggered by knowing misuse - ie the requester gives a provider false information based upon which the provider discloses customer information.
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:obviously, other third parties may also raise a complaint, even if they are not "Rights Holders"
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:this language is too narrowly focussed on the copyright/trademark crowd
  Mary Wong:@Volker, the idea (I think) is that it would be the requester, as defined in the main document - so we will do a consistency check for language.
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:best stick to Requester all the way
  Volker A. Greimann - RrSG GNSO:thank you Mary
  Chris Pelling:Is this a good time to bring up that the rights holder and requestor need to be bound
  Kathy K:yes
  Mary Wong:Note this additional language in the current draft of the framework: Under these standards, disclosure is wrongful only when it is effected by the Requester having made knowingly false representations to the Provider. Disclosure is not wrongful if the Requester had a good faith basis for seeking disclosure at the time the Request was submitted to the Provider.Under these standards, misuse occurs only when a Requester knowingly uses Customer contact information disclosed to it by a Service Provider for a purpose other than one of the specific purposes for which it had agreed to use such information (as listed in Section II.A(6), II.B(7), and II.C(6) of the Policy).
  Luc Seufer:how does this cope with registrations by law firms? Wouldn't they be not accredited P/P service providers which registratiopns should be denied by registrars?
  Susan Kawaguchi:Steve I am on now
  Mary Wong:Yes, the need for requester to comply with "all applicable data protection laws" is now in the framework document.
  Stephanie Perrin:This language is very specific about the surrender of jurisdiction, just trying to make sure that it is not construed narrowly, so as to deny that provision for accidental (careless) disclosure
  Kathy K:right!
  Todd Williams:Mary makes a good point above.  As we've defined misuse (use for a purpose other than one of the specified purposes), I'm not sure how that could be done unknowingly.
  Kathy K:too early Pacific time!
  Gisella Gruber:Alex Deacon has joined the call
  Kathy K:Hi Alex!
  Alex Deacon:morning! :)
  Susan Kawaguchi:@mary happy to continue working on it
  Mary Wong:Thanks Susan!
  Kathy K:It looks like there is enough time in the schedule for the work ahead.
  Kathy K:Bring it back to the meeting next week?  or bring it back after we have a draft Final Report?
  Kathy K:I agree with Steve - it may take a little more time
  Paul McGrady:Flip
  Mary Wong:@Steve, yes, I'll try to make it clearer. Thanks!
  Mary Wong:I'll also follow up with Sub Team 3 to get a final draft from them for the framework before Friday.
  Paul McGrady:Thanks Steve!  Great call.
  Graeme Bunton:Thanks Steve
  Osvaldo Novoa:Thank you, bye
  Chris Pelling:Thganks Ste3ve