[Gnso-rds-pdp-1] FW: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] another document that might be of interest

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Oct 24 12:04:01 UTC 2017

Sending to the subgroup list ..

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting, Colocation & Domains
https://www.blacknight.com/
http://blacknight.blog/
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Personal blog: https://michele.blog/
Some thoughts: https://ceo.hosting/
-------------------------------
Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,R93 X265,Ireland  Company No.: 370845
From: nathalie coupet <nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com>
Date: Monday 23 October 2017 at 22:03
To: Michele Neylon <michele at blacknight.com>
Cc: GNSO RDS PDP <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] another document that might be of interest

@Michele,

Thank you Michele for meeting me half way. It's difficult to understand and explain what is going on with DNS resolution, WHOIS and who is involved with whom based on what contract.
We are in the process of launching a new website. We didn't know who the web hosting company was nor the identity of the registrant (there were so many volunteers who were handling website issues, that nobody knows who did what). Our new tech person looked up the information and found out the name of the web hosting company.
But we don't know who the registrant is. This query was then sent to the web hosting company. Our tech person wanted to have both websites (the new one and the old) to show us the difference.
Does that make sense? Second question: Is this relevant to our work? :)