[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Call for volunteers - Next-Generation RDS WG Leadership

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Jan 27 13:24:44 UTC 2016

I’d like to put myself forward for this as I’m a sucker for punishment

1)    Existing Stakeholder Group affiliations (if any)

I am currently chair of the RrSG.

2)    Relevant past PDP(s) or WG(s) in which you participated

I’ve served on multiple PDPs and Wgs over the past 8+ years, including the EWG and several other whois related activities

3)    Leadership experience

I’ve chaired several PDPs as well as being Chair of the RrSG for the past 3 years

4)    Perspective on the WHOIS issues and RDS

As a European registrar my views on whois have been made public many times over the years. We (Blacknight) have been embroiled in multiple “battles” with ICANN in relation to privacy.
Essentially I believe that whois is used as a political football by interested parties and that there is a complete lack of both expertise and respect in relation to privacy legislation and needs within the current system
However I am also very conscious of the varied uses of whois data for legitimate (and illegitimate) uses which have developed over the past 20 years.

5)    Ability to devote sufficient time
I believe that I can do this

6)    Preference for chair/co-chair or vice-chair position, if any.

I’m supportive of the co-chair type scenario, but am open to whatever the group is happy with (within reason)

I’ve kept this brief, but if anyone has any queries please let me know

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon