[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Some reg'n data I think necessary (was Re: GNSO Next-Gen RDS PDP Working Group teleconference)

Rod Rasmussen rod.rasmussen at internetidentity.com
Mon Mar 21 06:43:34 UTC 2016

> On Mar 20, 2016, at 8:37 PM, Rob Golding <rob.golding at astutium.com> wrote:
>

>> so that, in the
>> event of technical problems, other operators can detect whether there
>> is a gap between what the registry contains and what the authoritative
>> servers contain.
>
> Nice theory, but in practice no-one really does that.

I guess I’m “no-one” then.

Please don’t assume that "just because you don’t do something that others don’t" would be the lesson to take from this one.  There are far more use cases out there than any single one of us can imagine, and if one can imagine it, it’s probably been done multiple times.

:-)

- Rod