[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Attendance and MP3 RDS WG Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 16:00UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Mar 22 20:45:52 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the Next-Gen RDS PDP Working group call held on Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 16:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-nextgen-rds-22mar16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsvgRhF8anYZT-2Fu85DJG3jGxCkke74ONue-2BGeKj7iYsNIKKw612McfY0xSUSG0leHTU-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmovD3-2F4bHfT7fh8vAsu1EHuF-2BscS3pD9lSa-2BaF9jjBj2zLybljvWKURb8KGzfTLVGkYFFcQMUS-2FH9fyXBiFMfWrgz2k6-2FgNeTvevyfvy32BpQkKyfIOws4ay5H9WWO3SfLng0n4GmphjXWqh5bZ7Yc6IPYXsGOA5aVgpaPJ0QYEP6UDJYore2SWoGo80CvdnyQoGpnMf-2Bs7k8AUwffHavEo6SArdax-2Bhp1-2B3HTNuP1efoMAtRX-2FhVMvPA0QqRNSav3SmluPbIdcOnintbWBr8q-2B-2FK0HamAZebHGJbowm6DE4>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/rjJ-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday, 22 March 2016

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Next-Gen RDS PDP WG Meeting held on Tuesday, 22 March 2016

  Terri Agnew:agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/fymAAw

  Terri Agnew:member page/SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/I4xlAw

  Terri Agnew:If you do wish to speak during the call, please either dial into the audio bridge and give the operator the password RDS, OR click on the telephone icon at the top of the AC room to activate your AC mics. Please remember to mute your phone and mics when not talking.

  Richard Padilla:hello all

  Amr Elsadr:Congrats Greg.

  Greg Shatan:Thanks, Amr!

  Greg Shatan:Chuck, my SOI has already been updated.  :-)

  Lisa Phifer:greg is that an old hand?

  Rod Rasmussen:I am on the call, listening only, as I am on an airplane., but am getting the audo, so that's cool.

  Stephanie Perrin:Apologies for being late, just heard Holly reporting on our poll...Thanks Hollty!!

  Holly Raiche:Happy to help if we need to rethink expertise needed

  Greg Aaron:Greg Aaron joining (late)

  Beth Allegretti:Hi - Can you please remind me again who the members of the leadership team are?  Thanks.

  Nick Shorey - UK Gov:I didn't complete the poll when it was first out - is there still opportunity to contribute?

  Michele Neylon:Nick - the membership one?

  Nick Shorey - UK Gov:yep the one covering experience, skills etc

  Lisa Phifer:@Nick, the assessment of membership is closed but we can allow more responses to be collected if you wish

  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all.  Had a time getting Internet access

  Holly Raiche:@ Nick - happy to collect any further information on expertise available.

  Grace Mutung'u:hi everyone.

  Nick Shorey - UK Gov:@Holly great I'll email over to you

  Andrew Sullivan:I'd find it hugely helpful to have some time past 5 April to read and ask questions about the summaries

  Andrew Sullivan:5 April is in the  middle of the IETF meeting, and anyone who is active in the protocol world will therefore have a hard time joining that meeting (or reading materials)

  Nick Shorey - UK Gov:@Andrew +1

  Andrew Sullivan:Yes, please keep the target -- just some of us will have comments later :)

  Holly Raiche:I am assuming that the summaries will include the issues that have been raised on the list?

  Holly Raiche:Thanks

  Mary Wong:@Holly, as Chuck says, presumably so - however, it will also be up to each small team what inputs to include in their summaries.

  Mary Wong:@Chuck, yes - the idea as you noted is to provide the WG with informative summaries to enable that fuller discussion.

  Carlton Samuels:It seems to me purpose and data could be joined for more efficiency.

  Michele Neylon:Carlton - not really

  Michele Neylon:Carlton - they all overlap :)

  Kathy Kleiman:Chuck - what are thinking for "data"?

  Lisa Phifer:The three small groups are to address questions 1, 4, and 5 in the charter (in no particular order)

  Carlton Samuels:@Chuck @Michele: That they do. Was just looking at the degree of overlap. But I accept we can proceed as outlined.

  Stephanie Perrin:Lisa can you please remind me what those questions are ( I know, I should have it on the side of the fridge but I don't)

  Lisa Phifer:@Carlton, allows those which have expertise in each area to focus on consolidating/summarizing those inputs

  Stephanie Perrin:or memorized...

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Michele!

  Lisa Phifer:Q1 Purpose (aka Users/Purposes), Q4 Data Elements Q5 Privacy

  Grace Mutung'u:purpose and data could be combined

  Lisa Phifer:Lnk to proposed approach https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58730879/RDS-PDP-Proposed-Summary-Approach.pdf

  Mary Wong:@Grace, that is possible but for this initial input-gathering phase the thinking is that it may be better to keep them separate for now.

  Greg Shatan:@Michele, thanks.  Understood.

  Richard Padilla:@Lisa thanks

  Carlton Samuels:I will volunteer for Purpose

  Fabricio Vayra:I will volunteer to Purpose

  Susan Prosser:I will join Purpose

  Beth Allegretti:I will volunteer for purpose

  Jim Galvin (Afilias):I will join purpose.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:volunteer for purpose

  Richard Padilla: I will volunteer for data

  Mary Wong:@Chuck, yes - Lisa is keeping notes in the right hand side pod.

  Tjabbe Bos (European Commission):volunteering for Purpose

  Ayden Férdeline:thanks Chuck, I now have access to Adobe connect again

  Kiran Malancharuvil:I did raise my hand to volunteer. I'm on mobile, and confused about raising hand.

  Susan Kawaguchi:great group of volunteers!  Thank you all

  Andrew Sullivan:I should like very much to volunteer for purpose or data or both, but I'm afraid I'm already overcommitted in the next two weeks

  Andrew Sullivan:so apologies

  Klaus Stoll:volunteering for Privacy

  Andrew Sullivan:though it looks like you have enough :)

  Stephanie Perrin:Andrew, we will try to raise all the points that you have raised in your very helpful posts to the list.

  Mary Wong:All, if you volunteered for Purpose, please check that we captured your name in the Notes pod. Thanks!

  Carlton Samuels:@Andrew: Not to worry, I think you will be covered

  Grace Mutung'u:Would like to volunteer for privacy

  Jody Kolker:I would like to volunteer for purpose and data if possible.

  Andrew Sullivan:It is good to be superfulous :)

  Andrew Sullivan:superfluous, even

  Lisa Phifer:Captured - please confirm notes list at right

  Holly Raiche:@ Andrew - you won't escape that lightly!

  Tjabbe Bos (European Commission):@Mary Wong: my name (in the purpose group) is spelled in a funny way

  Adrian Cheek:I'll volunteer for purpose and data as well

  Sana Ali:Data for me too

  Janay McWhorter:Data, as well, thanks

  Kiran Malancharuvil:privacy for me also

  Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:I am interested and volunteer too

  Stephanie Perrin:I think our colleagues from the Council of Europe, who are unfortunately not able to be on the call today, would be able to contribute a lot to this group.  Could we have them join later, or could I volunteer them?

  Mary Wong:@Lawrence, is that for the Privacy sub team?

  Richard Padilla:I will volunteer for privacy

  Lisa Phifer:All small teams are still open to new volunteers after call distributed to WG list

  Amr Elsadr:@Stephanie: There will be a call for volunteers on-list.

  Lawrence Olawale-Roberts:data please

  Stephanie Perrin:That would be Peter Kimpian and Sophie Kwasny...

  Nick Shorey - UK Gov:I volunteer for Privacy - though I may also be a bit stretched over the next two weeks

  Stephanie Perrin:Great, I will draw this to their attention

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Chuck - this is a really positive way forward.

  Mary Wong:All, please check that your name has been captured in the approrpirate group - thank you!

  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary: I think a lot of people are missing from purpose -- including me.

  Kathy Kleiman:Stephanie is not on purpose either.

  Kathy Kleiman:Chuck: would it be possible to redo the "purpose" call?

  David Cake:I should be on the Data group as well.

  Stephanie Perrin:I did sign up for Pupose and I see my name there.  Also Privacy.

  Michele Neylon:please mute your phone unless your name is Lisa

  Stephanie Perrin:Can I just suggest that the oher SAC documents (054, 051, 58, 61) really should be referenced as well.

  Amr Elsadr:@Lisa: Thnx for doing this.

  Sana Ali:no objection,

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx - it's a useful chart

  Stephanie Perrin:It is most unfortunate that there was no comment phase for the final EWG report, as it was quite different from the BA draft that was released for comment.

  Holly Raiche:Whooppee

  Terri Agnew:Next call: Wednesday, 30 March at 05:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

  Greg Shatan:My name should also be under Purpose (with last name, as Gregs are not fungible).

  Fabricio Vayra:Disagree, Stephaine.  Plenty of comment was allowed on EWG work and report.

  Fabricio Vayra:Thnx, Chuck!  Great call/meeting.

  Holly Raiche:THANK YOU

  Carlton Samuels:Well done, CHuck!

  Nathalie Coupet:I'd like to volunteer for all 3 groups

  Kathy Kleiman:@Fabricio: you have to admit that many concerns were raised in London - and a call for a written comment on the final repot

  Kathy Kleiman:report

  Patrick Lenihan:Thanks to Each and All!

  Carlton Samuels:Thanks all. This is a very good omen

  Jeremy Malcolm:Bye all

  Nathalie Coupet:Bye

  Ayden Férdeline:thank you for chairing the meeting Chuck

  Lori Schulman:ciao

  David Cake:Bye all.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  Andrew Sullivan:bye all

  Mary Wong:Thanks everyone

  Vlad Dinculescu:Thanks all. Bye

  Richard Padilla:bye

  Susan Prosser:thanks

  Jim Galvin (Afilias):bye all.  thanks chuck.

  Maryan Rizinski:Great meeting, thank you everyone and have a great week

  Grace Mutung'u:bye. nice meeting