[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Who is in charge? (was Re: Why the thin data is necessary)]

Neil Schwartzman neil at cauce.org
Thu Jun 8 05:54:39 UTC 2017

My experience differs slightly. They aren’t ignored. The presence of these .TLDs is a strong indicator of abuse which bears further investigation.

To the point at hand: I believe the notion of certifying private cybercrime investigators to be painfully naive (do I ignore reports from someone without a Internet Investigator License? Do we disallow them access to data?), impractical in the developed world, and deeply chauvinistic, patronizing and exclusionary to our colleagues in emerging nations where capacity building is exactly what’s needed to deal with next-gen abuse.