[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Who is in charge? (was Re: Why the thin data is necessary)]

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 8 08:55:32 UTC 2017

Calling me naive, ill informed etc.  does not actually answer the
question folks. It is, I am afraid, a valid question.  What criteria
does an organization like APWG apply, when it admits members and shares
data with them?  How do you ensure you are not sharing data with
organizations who are going to misuse it?  that data of course is much
more that what we are talking about with thin data, but I did actually
work on this issue on successive versions of the anti-spam legislation.
Oddly enough, government lawyers examining the issue (mostly from the
competition bureau who deal with criminal matters) never labelled me
"naive".

Folks, can we please try to be polite to one another on this list?  When
I have questions like this, I often check with experts before I ask.
They don't call me naive, they answer my questions.

Thanks again.

Stephanie