[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 8 14:08:49 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reminder of the Tshirt, Michael, I worked with Adam Back
at Zero Knowledge Systems quite some time ago and that did bring back
memories.  I got the job of doing the export permits because of the work
I had done previously in government.

As far as misunderstanding the Internet at a technical level, I am sure
you are absolutely correct.  I struggle to get by, and call up folks on
a regular basis to explain things I don't understand. I think it is
quite healthy to admit that there are areas of knowledge one is weaker
in, as it is a complex world out there.  I am sure Milton Mueller would
be happy to discuss this topic with you, he just wrote a new book on a
related topic and held an interesting workshop that touches on these
themes.
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2017/05/19/governing-cybersecurity-or-the-internet-report-on-our-workshop/.

Sadly Milton is not on this list, but I will certainly inquire as to his
views on this matter.

Cheers Stephanie