[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Who is in charge? (was Re: Why the thin data is necessary)]

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Mon Jun 12 13:31:47 UTC 2017

Again, In a semi-futile effort to keep it simple. I see this now, with
the progress we have made, as:

  * The principle of Thin Data is that it is to be accessed "on an
    anonymous and unrestrained basis" (we agree)
  * What data elements should be in, or out of, the Thin Data set? (to
    do now)
  * Once the Thin Data set is determined, it will be labeled "the Public
    Data" and accessible on an anonymous and unrestrained basis (pretty
    much consensus this: Yes?/No?)

As I read it we should now be examining candidates for the Thin Data
set, evaluating candidates on a check list of considerations that we may
(or may not) wish to define at this point.
Any other activity, other than examining candidates or constructing a
check list, reminds me of the Canadian radio show called "Running off
Madly in All Directions, later taken as the
title of an Indian movie based loosely on the works of Canadian writer
(and McGill University Economics Prof) Stephen Leacock. This rds-pdp-wg
is more than a comedy troup!

Sam Lanfranco