[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] List topics for this week

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Thu Jun 15 13:09:23 UTC 2017

"And therein lies what I think is the mindset problem, the "results" are (legally) ONLY what I give explicit permission for it to be used for, any other use is not permitted, and I have the right to revoke that permission, free of charge (to me) at any stage."

If you have a fully open facebook profile or twitter feed and post nudes of yourself there is no privacy legislation anywhere they will say you can control how that is used. Facebook and Twitter have solved this for far more data (and in many cases more sensitive data). You are arguing for a far more stringent standard than exists anywhere.

Taken to its logical conclusion, you are arguing that if you publish a website you should be able to determine viewers of your website are looking at it for an allowable purpose, that information is used how you want it and it is distributed only in ways you control. If we are going to enforce that, you are LITERALLY breaking the Internet.

--
John Bambenek