[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] List topics for this week

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Fri Jun 16 15:03:48 UTC 2017

I don't mind changing whois. I mind the concept that we need to engineer a huge new database system to solve what really is a customer education / business process problem. Whatever costs are associated with having whois pales in comparison to the costs in developing and maintaining the RDS system envisioned by the previous effort.

One of the main reasons (but by no means only) I am a Domaintools customer is so I can get domain info in a normalized and consistent manner for use in automated processing against security and **privacy** threats. By all means, lets normalize data and create **reasonable**[1] accommodation for privacy laws.

--
John Bambenek

[1] - Reasonable includes making decisions that don't literally break the internet.