[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Ombudsman

Herb Waye herb.waye at icann.org
Sat Jun 24 09:23:10 UTC 2017

Good morning from Johannesburg,

For those of you who have already arrived for ICANN59, welcome. For those travelling, safe travels. And for those not coming, I hope you enjoyed waking up in your own bed today.

I have had the opportunity since my last email to the group to review the email list archives and discuss the work environment with many of you. I hope to continue this discussion in person over the coming week in Johannesburg.

I will also attend as many of the working group’s functions as possible during ICANN59 to make myself available to everyone. I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

As I mentioned on your last Adobe call, I am focusing on solutions for the future and not incidents of the past and count on the group’s support to do the same moving forward. Respect and civility is something everyone should expect to benefit from in the ICANN community, it is also something each of us should be demonstrating as we interact. By focusing on the problem and not the people we can make the environment and culture constructive and safe for all.

My office will be on the 4th floor of the convention center, please drop in for a visit.

Respectfully, Herb

Herb Waye
ICANN Ombudsman

https://www.icann.org/ombudsman
https://www.facebook.com/ICANNOmbudsman
Twitter: @IcannOmbudsman

ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/expected-standards-15sep16-en.pdf
Community Anti-Harassment Policy
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/community-anti-harassment-policy-2017-03-24-en
Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.  The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint