[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] re Acceptable Conduct on Working Groups

Patrick Lenihan tiburonsgoldwing at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 23:10:00 UTC 2017

+1 Stephanie!  :-)

Patrick Lenihan

---- Original Message ----
From: Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca>
To: gnso-rds-pdp-wg <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>; Chris Pelling <chris at netearth.net>
Sent: Thu, Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] re Acceptable Conduct on Working Groups

I agree with Chris          Pelling, that the tone of the discourse on this thread is          becoming overly hostile and therefore unacceptable.  We          encourage young people, new fellows attracted by the ICANN outreach          program to join this list and get their feet wet working in          the actual working groups, and I have already heard feedback          that people are ready to leave this list.  Disrespectful and          intimidating communications are not acceptable for many          reasons in this multistakeholder community, this is certainly          one.  Please read up on the expected standards of behaviour          when participating on working groups.  We all have different          experience and opinions that must be respected.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/respectful-communication-2012-02-25-en

https://www.icann.org/ombudsman

Stephanie Perrin