[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Reputation systems are not just nice to have (was Re: What we want redux)

pkngrds at klos.net pkngrds at klos.net
Tue Oct 3 19:30:29 UTC 2017

On 10/3/2017 3:05 PM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> There is no added value
> in collecting personal information - after all, criminals are not going
> to provide correct information anyway, and if a domain has been
> compromised then the personal information of the original registrant
> isn't going to help much, and its availability in the wild could cause
> significant harm to the registrant.

How can you say "if a domain has been compromised then the personal
information of the original registrant
isn't going to help much"?  Isn't the ability to contact the registrant*
and let them know that their domain has been compromised reason enough
to keep that information available?

Patrick Klos
Klos Technologies, Inc.

(* Forgive me if I haven't followed every nuance of these discussions.
Is there a distinction between the "original registrant" and the
"current registrant"?)