[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Legal Opinion on GDPR - Part 1

Chuck consult at cgomes.com
Thu Oct 19 12:51:26 UTC 2017

I want to call attention to the following paragraph:

"The memo highlights the complexity of these issues in the domain name
space, and concludes that the current open, publicly available WHOIS
services cannot remain unchanged. The WHOIS system has to become adaptable
to address the GDPR from the European perspective, as well as other changing
regulations around the world."

After input from Data Protection experts, the Wilson Sonsini memo and now
this memo, do any in the WG disagree with this statement?

Chuck