[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [OFF TOPIC] Hard to push for transparency, unless it starts at the top..

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Tue Oct 31 15:02:33 UTC 2017

Yes, of course.. those of us in the industry might know to check ARIN,
however the domain maintainer information is supposed to also be easily
available, and most CAN-SPAM legislations and guidelines also specify
those requirements.

The ordinary person though should be able to get this information to
report abuse.

But the real point is/was.. when even a registrar doesn't provide abuse
information for their own company via whois.. We won't expect them to
worry about customers transparency.