[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Fwd: Equifax hack worse than previously thought: Biz kissed goodbye to card expiry dates, tax IDs etc

Chen, Tim tim at domaintools.com
Tue Feb 13 20:56:32 UTC 2018

Theo - this comment is off target on many levels and takes us well outside
of Whois.    The #1 abuse-driving issue is cheap domains, due to pricing
schemes and business models of registrars and registries.  Bad actors
target COM bc it's popular and well-known.  Lots of tools we need to fight
abuse, Whois is but one.  But a powerful one.