[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Fwd: Equifax hack worse than previously thought: Biz kissed goodbye to card expiry dates, tax IDs etc

Theo Geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 13 17:56:24 UTC 2018

John,

I think some of us are still mystified that there are no "huge" issues
in 147 million ccTLDs while there seems to be "huge" issues with 181
million gTLDs ,25% of them using privacy proxy services.

Personally I am more mystified why we keep on relying on WHOIS to combat
such issues while the abuse rate goes up in the gTLD space each year.
Perhaps time to come up with something better? It looks like we rather
patch up the boat sinking deeper down each year, as opposed to create a
new sea worthy vessel.

Theo