[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Equifax hack worse than previously thought: Biz kissed goodbye to card expiry dates, tax IDs etc

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed Feb 14 10:03:21 UTC 2018

Maybe you are hitting on something here.

ICANN could just establish a "Leave-Whois-as-it-is" legal defense fund.
Everyone who argues that whois should remain as it is has to pay into
that fund and everyone who is fined by data protection violations can
take the fines and their legal costs out of that fund. Of course, that
would necessitate huge investments to set up the fund from mainly
volunteer organizations that do not actually have the means to support it.

Best,

Volker