[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Legal Inquiry to ICANN

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 15 01:56:50 UTC 2018

I think this is an excellent suggestion.  May I add to this a suggestion
that we include the DPAs who so kindly came to Copenhagen last year?
They indicated a willingness to engage further, and I see no evidence
that we have done so.  I am sure the Council of Europe would be happy to
broker this for us and am copying Sophie and Peter to see if we can
engage them to help with this task.

I must say I am getting very weary of this endless debate, and commend
the patience of folks like Michael who have been witnessing it for a
decade longer than I have. I would remind everybody that there has been
no substantive change in the actual application of the EU laws to ICANN,
except for the 4% fines.  Now, of course, as Bob Dylan famously said,
money doesn't talk, it screams......

Stephanie Perrin