[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Krebs On Security article RE whois and GDRP

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Feb 16 18:52:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 01:48:17PM -0500, allison nixon wrote:
> You know what else might work? price floors. Every time some low-reputation
> registrar has a sale, the Internet gets inundated.

I don't know whther you could mandate price floors (I supsect it'd be
fixing under US law).  But you could do something else: transparency.
A mandate that a dataset available to anti abuse people contained the
retain price (or maybe just the wholesale price would be good enough,
I don't know) would allow scoring on the basis of low prices.  You
wouldn't necessarily have to have it on a per-domain basis.  Simply
getting price lists for periods broken out by registrars would be
enough.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com