[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] The message to the community (was Re: Cancellation of RDS PDP WG meetings at ICANN62)

Chen, Tim tim at domaintools.com
Thu May 10 17:05:05 UTC 2018

agree that we need a much stronger spirit of clear and concise
communication, constructive disagreement, and focus on the common goal.

my fear is that some on this list will read these recent posts and say
"yes, if a few people on the 'other side' could be more thoughtful and
constructive we might actually get something done" without taking the time
to look in the mirror.

clearly there is going to have to be a different structure to get people to
buy back into this process.  the fatigue factor is exceedingly high.

as to 'reading what others write or submit' - I wish we had the time.
There is simply way too much content to effectively digest for everyone
here who I'm sure are all very busy with their day jobs.  Solving this
somehow has to be part of any new model.  Maybe the EWG was a better model
(I wasn't part of it, but they seemed to actually get stuff done)

we are now at a point where the ICANN Board is making Whois policy for all
of us.  in the end it is up to us to re-empower the Community on this
critical issue.