[Gnso-rpm-data] RPMs Data Request Table - Data Questions & Anecdotal Questions

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Tue Nov 28 02:05:49 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I hope you had a relaxing weekend and a great Thanksgiving holiday for those who celebrated!

As per action item for staff and in preparation for the next Data Sub Team call, we did the initial split of the suggested draft questions into anecdotal questions and data questions. Please find the document attached.

The text is extracted directly from the original Google Doc. Staff did the split based on our interpretation that anecdotal questions seek opinions, views, and anecdotal evidence, and data questions solicit facts, data, and straightforward answers. We note that some suggested draft questions can be both data and anecdotal questions (e.g., questions for registrants/potential registrants in Section 4 and 5). We also note that some draft suggested questions are currently in note format and have not been completed in full sentences.

The additional minor changes are as follows:

  *   The original Column 1 indicating “Data Sources and Proposed Methodology” is removed; the text is relocated to the header row of the table to indicate the target of the survey.
  *   The text introducing the survey is relocated to the header row.
  *   Charter questions and the corresponding suggested draft questions are aligned in rows.
  *   Some questions are reformatted (e.g., add bullets to options, separate sub questions).
  *   Extra text is added to provide context to sub question, if it is split from its original question.
  *   Minor edit is done to correct typos and add missing words.

Thank you for your contribution and review, and welcome your feedback to the document.

Best Regards,
Mary, Julie, Berry, and Ariel