[Gnso-rpm-data] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat for Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Data call on Friday, 17 November 2017 17:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri Nov 17 19:08:31 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Data call held Friday, 17 November 2017 at 17:00 UTC. Attendance of the call is posted on agenda wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/HQZyB

MP3: https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-17nov17-en.mp3[mailer.samanage.com]
Adobe Connect recording: https://participate.icann.org/p2u35yxfwfg/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMFEA&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=iYSx0T8HMwui9UYO_A3YHnGxyLJILRs9EapseUSk11k&s=jA4reRQjwPQy2hDuyPo2JNQInxGqRFbADWwIrXa3sx0&e=>

Main wiki page for the working group: https://community.icann.org/x/eI1EB[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_eI1EB&d=DwMFEA&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=iYSx0T8HMwui9UYO_A3YHnGxyLJILRs9EapseUSk11k&s=BQ1zJPJaXoPLw3Bkh2Ymo6OooVYBphuxU1nDl6zEnf0&e=>

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 17 November 2017:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear all, welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Data call on Friday, 17 November 2017 at 17:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_HQZyB&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=5VEQzinPUNPwG4Wpd0sOiq75V9Sw1WP9kghR8Nu2ruk&s=K-PMeABSIiHxjeR4djiQWxVNikI8oCchefU9vrEOK_4&e=
  J. Scott Evans:Good morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening all
  Philip Corwin:Hi. Having issues with the phone dial-in
  Mary Wong:Hi all, yes there apparently are some issues with the phone dial in - Michelle is looking into it
  Michelle DeSmyter:I have the operator watching for parties dialing in.
  J. Scott Evans:I am on but hearing nothing. Now I hear Mary
  J. Scott Evans:I got hung up on the first time I dialed in
  Julie Hedlund:@J. Scott: That has been happening to others too.
  Susan Payne:I don't have any sound - but this may be my system settings?
  Mary Wong:@Susan, are you on phone bridge or AC audio?
  Susan Payne:AC
  Philip Corwin:I have now tried 4 times to no aval. Recording cuts out and then no one picks up.
  J. Scott Evans:We can hear you
  Susan Payne:I have sound now - my error
  Mary Wong:@Susan, could you hear Michelle?
  Mary Wong:OK cool
  Michael R Graham:On Adobe -- but no microphone
  Kurt Pritz:Hi Sorry I am late
  Philip Corwin:waiting for a dial out to my number
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:hi, sorry I'm late
  Michael R Graham:I'll try to call in.
  J. Scott Evans:Is Kurt coming?
  J. Scott Evans:I see him now. Apologies.
  Julie Hedlund:I think we have apologies from Kathy -- I think she was traveling.
  Kurt Pritz:I am here - not mic'd up yet
  Michelle DeSmyter:Michael Graham is on audio
  Michelle DeSmyter:Phil will be on momentarily
  Susan Payne:Lori has been  sick this week so I suspect she won't join us
  Philip Corwin:Finally got through on audio
  Michael R Graham:On phone line now.
  Julie Hedlund:Lori just joined
  Ariel Liang:You may access the google doc here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_10qENwqvozS-2DTZfJiVOx5MG71YIsqeX95WkPqhA64ayE_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=5VEQzinPUNPwG4Wpd0sOiq75V9Sw1WP9kghR8Nu2ruk&s=HSlw66K8kdfPAfUdnzFrbTHy10ql0jgIOTGcDgnonh4&e=
  Lori Schulman 2:Hi,  I am back.  Such as it is.  My first ICANN call of the week.
  Ariel Liang:Doc is up in the AC, unsynced
  Mary Wong:Welcome Lori, hope you feel better!
  Susan Payne:welcome Lori
  Lori Schulman 2:Hi, I am on the mend.
  Lori Schulman 2:Haven't done a thing since INTA meeting last week.
  Susan Payne:works for me.  i would do s 2
  Lori Schulman 2:It's been slow.
  Kurt Pritz:thanks - great idea
  J. Scott Evans:Sounds like a plan. Let's get started.
  Lori Schulman 2:Agree with Kristine's suggestion.
  Lori Schulman 2:Agree as to tone of registry questions.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I'm making real-time edits to the Google doc, FYI
  Mary Wong:Thanks Kristine
  Michael R Graham:Phil -- That's the second row -- we're in first
  Philip Corwin:Sorry for leaping ahead -- must have had too much caffeine ;-)
  Lori Schulman 2:I like that "RPM champion."
  Susan Payne:I like that idea from Kurt -- although suspect we won't get
  Mary Wong:If it will help (or not), one suggestion we have seen from the WG is to consider whether to recommend reverting to the original suggestion that Sunrise and Claims be alternatives rather than requirements for both.
  J. Scott Evans:I agree Kristine.
  J. Scott Evans:So we could ask about premium pricing and what, if any, steps were taken to avoid an overlap with Sunrise Registrations.
  Susan Payne:Good idea J Scott.  Maybe also - did you operate a formal (or informal) premium pricing challenge process for brand owners?
  Lori Schulman 2:Thats the issue.
  Lori Schulman 2:Our approach
  Lori Schulman 2:This is super hard.
  Lori Schulman 2:Is there anyone from ICANN metrics team that could advise us?
  Mary Wong:@Lori, we don't have a metrics team :( But I have my hand up for a comment
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I know we're going to have the survey provider actually formulate them.  these are just guiding questions.
  Lori Schulman 2:Ok.  I thought Karen Lentz was part of a metrics team.  Is she still at ICANN?
  Mary Wong:Karen took a year off for grad studies but she is back with us as of mid-October (yay!) She is on the GDD team, responsible for research. She and her taem have been super helpful to the policy staff about this
  Lori Schulman 2:That's what I mean.  Can we use someone from GDD to help us?
  Lori Schulman 2:before we engage outside of ICANN
  Lori Schulman 2:we only have 50K or maybe a little more.  need to allocate resources very wisely.
  Lori Schulman 2:The WG can provide anecdotes.  It frequently does.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Perhaps we use the anecdotal questions to drive our drafting of data-driven questions....
  Mary Wong:@Lori, we are happy to ask esp as they have been very helpful on the staff side. Would you want us to ask Karen and her team if one or more of them can join our calls?
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Much like J Scott did with the premium pricing question...
  Lori Schulman 2:I think that is a good idea Mary.
  Mary Wong:@Lori, we will take it as an action item for staff
  Michael R Graham:@Lori -- WG will supply anecdotal evidence -- but that's usually second hand.  At least, survey anecdotes may be first hand.  ;-)
  Susan Payne:haha - was just typing "maybe we do both types of Q"
  J. Scott Evans:+1 agree Kristine
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:@Susan. great minds....
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+100 Lori
  Susan Payne:really good feedback Lori
  Mary Wong:FYI staff is doing our best to move ahead with the procurement process internally so we can have the RFP out and hopefully a provider in place in good time.
  Lori Schulman 2:Love the first question
  J. Scott Evans:Mary has her hand up.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Thanks J Scott
  J. Scott Evans:I think breaking them into Anecdotal and Data Driven will be a big help.
  Lori Schulman 2:I need to jump off to another call.  I will connect with Mary and catch up with what I missed and make up my assignment.
  Mary Wong:Ah, ok, thanks Susan - apologies if I mixed things up!
  Michael R Graham:Sorry -- I have to jump for another call.  Let's all review/provide comments to the Google doc.  Thanks!
  Mary Wong:We will check, thank you
  Mary Wong:@KRistine, should we send a Doodle poll for Agenda Item 3?
  Susan Payne:yes
  Susan Payne:and assume we won't meet next Friday with Thanksgiving?
  J. Scott Evans:I think we should agree to skip next Friday due to the US Thanksgiving Holiday.
  Kurt Pritz:we can move the call up to Thursday
  Mary Wong:OK thanks Kristine!
  Mary Wong:Yes, no meeting next week
  Susan Payne:bye
  Mary Wong:Thanks Kristine for chairing and thanks everyone!
  Kurt Pritz:Good job Kristine
  Ariel Liang:Thanks all
  J. Scott Evans:Thanks Kristine