[Gnso-rpm-data] Additional Marketplace RPMs - Survey Incorporation

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Fri Feb 16 23:13:48 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Following up on today’s call, staff would like to provide some additional clarification regarding the potential incorporation of survey questions related to the Additional Marketplace RPMs offered by some registry operators on a voluntary basis.

Since the scope of work stated in the RFP<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rfp-rpm-survey-29jan18-en.pdf#page=4> is to assess the efficacy of Sunrise and Trademark Claims (specifically, we stated that the Data Table should be considered as the framework for scoping the project), any potential survey question about the Additional Marketplace RPMs should not expand the scope of the project. Change of the scope would have timeline and budget impact to the RFP, as well as the PDP in general.

If the Sub Team could identify questions that won’t expand the scope of the project, it would be doable for vendors to submit proposals taking into account the data collection needs for Additional Marketplace RPMs. Requirements related to the Additional Marketplace RPMs need to be incorporated ASAP in the RFP documents, no later than 23 February when we pass the updated Data Table to the Procurement Team.

Due to the time limitation, the Sub Team may not be able to develop detailed guidance or propose suggested survey questions for the Additional Marketplace RPMs. Staff would recommend the Sub Team to quickly run through these Additional Marketplace RPMs, identify high-level topics for data collection (must be within the scope), and include this guidance in the Data Table. If necessary, the Sub Team can organize an extended call on Friday, 23 February (90 minutes or so) to allow more time going through the additional RPMs, as well as reviewing the Data Table one last time. Please let us know if a longer call is needed and we will update the calendar invitation.

Thank you all, and have a great weekend!

Best Regards,
Mary, Julie, Berry, and Ariel