[gnso-rpm-wg] ICANN58 sessions for our Working Group

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Feb 3 17:34:12 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Although the sessions and timings are not yet confirmed, staff thought it would be helpful for your schedule and travel planning to let you know that we have requested the following slots at the upcoming ICANN58 Public Meeting in Copenhagen:

·         Saturday 11 March 2017 (10.00 – 13.45 local time, with a brief break for lunch): 3-hour face-to-face Working Group meeting; and

·         Wednesday 15 March 2017 (09.00 – 10.30 local time): Open community session

We will try to confirm the final slots as soon as we can. As many of you know, ICANN meeting schedules are very tightly packed, so these slots were requested following coordination with colleagues supporting other Policy Development Processes, Cross Community Working Groups and other projects of interest to the GNSO community. Please be assured that we have tried to avoid clear conflicts as best we can.

As with all Working Group sessions at ICANN Public Meetings, all our sessions will be open to anyone to attend and observe, and will be recorded and transcribed. For those who will not be participating in person in Copenhagen, there will be remote participation via an Adobe Connect virtual meeting room, live audio stream and telephone bridge (though please note that these will be in the “ICANN meeting format” and so will have different set ups than our weekly calls – we will send out these details closer to the meeting date).

Finally, to help me try to minimize the likelihood that we will encounter the same “seating shortage emergency” that we had in Hyderabad, it will be helpful if you can let me know if you plan to be at our sessions in Copenhagen in person – please reply off-list to me directly rather than to this list. Thank you!

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director