[GNSO-RPM-WG] RPMs PDP WG Consensus Call: 30 Oct - 08 Nov

Zak Muscovitch zak at muscovitch.com
Sun Nov 8 23:43:43 UTC 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,
Thank you to everyone for their commitment and diligence in preparing this Final Report. I am honored to have participated alongside you.
A special thanks to the Co-chairs, Phil, Brian, and Kathy who of course are likely owed the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
And a very special thank you to Staff - Mary, Julie, and Ariel, who went the extra mile throughout, and made all of this possible through their hard work and counsel.
I am pleased to support all Final Recommendations in the Final Report, except to the extent stated in the attached Minority Statement in relation to TMCH Final Recommendation #1. The Minority Statement raises issues related to Word Marks and the TMCH that have long been before the WG and which we felt were important to record.
I would ask fellow WG members and the Co-chairs to not take this Minority Statement as detracting in any way from the immense success generally achieved and the apparent consensus on every other Final Recommendation, however we felt it was important to record our thoughts on these particular issues.
Zak