[Gnso-ssc] SSC / Team review for RDS

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Thu Apr 13 15:17:48 UTC 2017

Maxim,

> The ranking is as good as the information provided along with
> the voting . As I write it was conducted with mistakes. Since not
> all SSC members voted the same way - it was not consensus opinion.

Can you please help me understand this? What mistakes were there
that affected the voting?

> If we sacrifice ability of the RT to conduct proper assessment
> (ability to make 'sanity checks' of ideas using the real life
> experience) of the procedures and policies in sake of diversity,
> then we fail our mission.

I agree, but as I pointed out, the diversity argument can be
made both ways.

> If we are taking about balance,  there are no single representative
> currently at guaranteed 3 seat from the Contracted Party House
> and I do not belive it is a balanced approach to diversity.

But if we do the proposed change, there would not be a single
representative of the non-commercial / non-business constituencies.
Not sure that would be balanced either.

As long as we can't have enough seats for all constituencies there
will always be some sort of imbalance. The question is what degree,
and what kind of imbalance we can accept. In my view, Erika Mann,
being "above" both houses, helps address any imbalances.

	Julf