[Gnso-ssc] [Ext] Follow up from January 7 Call

Sophie Hey sophie.hey at comlaude.com
Thu Jan 7 18:31:12 UTC 2021

I have to agree with Craig, I think we should provide feedback to SG/C Leaders that there should be a second EOI for GNSO candidates.

The first call for EOIs was a relatively short period (2-3 weeks), the call was just before the holiday period, and there was only one GNSO applicant. Given the CRG will play a critical role in establishing one of ICANN’s accountability mechanism, we want to avoid any questioning of the legitimacy of the formation of the CRG – this includes timing and duration of the call for EOIs. For the sake of appearances, I think there should be a second EOI.

I also note that in some of our meetings late last year, there were some concerns raised by SSC members about the low number of applications received for volunteer positions. I don’t know if those concerns still exist with members, or whether they apply to this particular assignment.

Sophie Hey
Policy Advisor
Com Laude | Valideus