[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] Revised Working Principles document for review and further discussion

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Feb 6 20:31:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

 From Chuck

> I don’t think I have seen the edits you said you would send to the
> last principle under ‘Policy and the Community’.  It was item c. Core
> Value 4 in the previous version and is item b) in the latest version
> that was distribution after last week’s Principles Sub-team call.

What a nice way to put it.

I had started it during the meeting and got back to it with the ping.

The following is what I have.  I think what I have is a footnote for the
chapeau.  Though it could also serve as a paragraph for c or b or
wherever -

On 30-Jan-14 17:56, Mary Wong wrote:
> As noted on the call today, Avri will provide suggested language for
>  what is now Proposed Policy Principle 2(b) relating to diversity of
>  participation – including the possibility of adding this as a
> footnote to the Overarching Principle rather than as a separate
> principle in this section – before the meeting next week. It is
> expected that this next meeting will focus on discussion of the
> Proposed Principles relating to Implementation.

Each of the principles in this document must be considered in terms of
the degree to which they adhere to and further the principles defined in
ICANN's Core Values as documented in article 2 of the ICANN by-laws.
Particular note should be made to  "4. Seeking and supporting broad,
informed participation reflecting the functional, geographic, and
cultural diversity of the Internet at all levels of policy development
and decision-making."