[GNSO-TPR] Draft Timeline Diagram - Transfer Steps

Berry Cobb Berry.Cobb at icann.org
Tue Oct 25 12:58:01 UTC 2022

Hi All,

A few comments with respect to the attached draft timeline of transfer process that Emily just sent to the list. A few things to consider when reviewing this:

  *   This is conceptual in nature and should not be viewed as a represented process flow, as it divides up the process in stages that we don’t normally use when thinking about the transfer process from start to finish from a policy development perspective.
  *   It is a challenge to accurately reflect what actually occurs within the transfer process when dealing with timeframes (0 to 14 days) when something can be triggered at any point within that window.
  *   It is not drawn to scale given the various durations of the process steps, but conceptually we can see how the proposed changes reduce the length and offer opportunities for efficiency.
  *   We can also see how the removal of the Gaining FOA removes the authorization requirement in the current state version.
  *   The Initial Report version does reveal a gap from the time the TAC is revealed to when it is processed at the Gaining Registrar to completion of the transfer.
  *   We also can see a shift of EPP commands to initiate the transfer from current state to proposed state.
  *   And finally, the light-orange steps in the last version of the timeline are placed there to just spark discussion and it should not be perceived as a final outcome that the group has already agreed to.

I hope you find this helpful to complete deliberations on this aspect of the proposed recommendations. We’ll review this in detail at the beginning of today’s call.

Thank you.

Berry Cobb
Policy Development – Senior Program Manager

Mobile: +1 424 443 8960
Phone: +1 202 570 7240
Fax: +1 202 789 0104
Twitter: @berrycobb