[GNSO-TPR] Proposed agenda for TRP Meeting #97 on 25 July 2023 - 16:00 UTC

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Mon Jul 24 13:54:07 UTC 2023

Dear Working Group Members,

Please find below the draft agenda for the next meeting on Tuesday, 25 July at 16:00 UTC.

As a reminder, Sarah proposed an edit to a preliminary recommendation for TEAC. The proposed update, which is shown below, received no objections, so the preliminary recommendation now reads:

Re: Draft Preliminary Recommendation: Once a Gaining Registrar has provided an initial non-automated response to a TEAC communication as described in Section I.A.4.6.3 of the Transfer Policy, the Gaining Registrar must provide additional, substantive updates by email to the Losing Registrar at least every 72 hours / 3 calendar days until work to resolve the issue is complete. These updates must include specific actions taken by the Gaining Registrar to work towards resolution. (emphasis added)

Thank you.

Best regards,

Emily, Julie, Berry, and Caitlin

--
Transfer Policy Review - Meeting #97
Proposed Agenda

1. Welcome and Chair updates
2. Discussion of Charter Question i1 ICANN-Approved Transfer (Bulk Transfers):
i1) In light of these challenges described in section 3.1.7.2 of the Final Issue Report<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/final-issue-report-pdp-transfer-policy-review-12jan21-en.pdf>, should the required fee in Section I.B.2 of the Transfer Policy<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en> be revisited or removed in certain circumstances?

  1.  Recap of overarching themes from last call

  *   The WG seemed to agree that in the event of an involuntary termination involving a bulk transfer, the mandatory bulk transfer fee should be waived.
  *   Further discussion needed on future of mandatory bulk transfer fee
  *   Language in Section I.B needs rethinking

  1.  Potential options for mandatory fee

  *   Should the mandatory fee be removed from the policy and left between Ry/Rr?
  *   Should the mandatory fee be tiered based on volume rather than one lump sum?
  *   Should the mandatory fee language remain as is?
  *   Other options?

  1.  1.B proposed updates
3. AOB