[gtld-tech] Second version of the URS High Level Technical Requirements for Registries and Registrars

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Aug 30 15:35:22 UTC 2013

As the second version still shows issues that the community addressed in the past for domain registrations, it seems to us that registries should handle URS providers the same ways they handle domain registrars: thru EPP.
URS providers could have proper EPP credentials that would allow them to make a limited set of transformations (URS Suspension, URS Lock, URS Roll-back) to every domain in the registry (except for mandatory domains like NIC or WHOIS).

Everything we are trying to do with e-mail have already been done with a higher degree of process integrity thru EPP.

Rubens