[gtld-tech] Specification 5 - Country names... again..

Colosi, John jcolosi at verisign.com
Wed Dec 4 18:18:48 UTC 2013

Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
>> Therefore, could you please clarify whether the file that's now on the Github was produced by translation engines, or taken from said document? I think that's a significant impact on whether or not that file is usable to cover ICANN's requirement.

Thanks for your comments @Alex.  The file submitted by Verisign to satisfy Specification 5.4.3 was created using automatic translation of the English Language names of the 193 UN Member states.

@Alex, if you have a less-error prone method of arriving at a solution, Verisign would invest some time in reworking the data.  But cutting and pasting from the PDF seems error prone.  We would need a programmatic solution to consuming those records.  And records meant to be consumed programmatically are not generally encoded in PDF.  But again, we're open to ideas.

-- John

John Colosi
Senior Manager of Product Development
JColosi at Verisign.com