[gtld-tech] URS technical requeriments

Gustavo Lozano gustavo.lozano at icann.org
Tue Jul 9 00:01:27 UTC 2013

Thank you Michele,

Comments inline.

Regards,
Gustavo

From:  Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele at blacknight.com>
Date:  Monday, July 8, 2013 3:47 PM
To:  Gustavo Lozano <gustavo.lozano at icann.org>, "gtld-tech at icann.org"
<gtld-tech at icann.org>
Subject:  RE: URS technical requeriments

> Gustavo
>
> Just some initial thoughts ..
>
> Section 4:
>
> "Registrar MUST handle payments .. "
>

> Sorry, but I don't see how that's going to work
>
> The complainant has to enter into a contractual agreement with us as a
> registrar before we will accept payments from them ie. accept our terms and
> conditions etc.,

GL ­ Section 4 is there to accommodate the requirement 10.3 of URS in the
AGB. The idea is that the complainant can pay the Registrar for the extra
year of coverage.

> And the complainant may wish to move the domain to their preferred registrar
> etc.,

GL ­ Transfers and updates are prohibited as defined in 10.2 of URS in the
AGB.

> Also I can see plenty of obligations on registries and several on registrars,
> but will the URS provider actually inform us, as a registrar, of domains
> subject to URS?

GL - Yes, the URS provider will maintain active communication regarding the
URS procedure. Registries and Registrars will receive all the neccesary
information.