[gtld-tech] gtld-tech URS technical requeriments

Francisco Obispo fobispo at isc.org
Tue Jul 9 05:29:54 UTC 2013

Well,

Yes and no.

Most people will think of the Internet as the web, and it has nothing to do with traffic. Most people don't know that e-mail is a protocol, they get their email from the web, so why would they care?

But in the strict sense, yes….

In fact, how would registries deal with HTTPS connections and certificates? or should we be ONLY serving a URS page on top of HTTP?

francisco

On Jul 8, 2013, at 9:07 PM, rob.golding at astutium.com wrote:

> No-one with more than half-a-clue has ever assumed web == internet, and in reality web is an insignificant part of the internet ... Based on a simple protocol analysis of ~30Gb/s of transit, web/http/https is *under 4%* of "internet traffic".

Francisco Obispo
Director of Applications and Services - ISC
email: fobispo at isc.org
Phone: +1 650 423 1374 || INOC-DBA *3557* NOC
PGP KeyID = B38DB1BE