[gtld-tech] gtld-tech URS technical requeriments

Gustavo Lozano gustavo.lozano at icann.org
Mon Jul 8 23:34:25 UTC 2013

Thank you John, please send your feedback directly to this list.

Regarding email, the current idea is that the NSs for URS locking provided
by the URS provider, reply with MX 0 . when queried for the MX of a URS
locked domain name.

The host in the * IN A/AAAA will only answer requests on TCP/80.

The TTL in the reply from the URS provider NSs will be short to
accommodate the case in which the original NSs are restored.

Obivously, this solution do not consider protocols other than HTTP and
SMTP.

The high level requirements for URS are described in the AGB
(http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/guidebook-full-04jun12-en.pdf)
, pp. 299-309.

Regards,
Gustavo